• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Applied for a job at the treasury, had to go to Twickenham for an assessment and then an interview yesterday. Didn't get that one but a similar job I applied for I was told I can't have an interview because I'm away on holiday next week, despite them having delayed it. Originally, the interviews were scheduled for June! *******s.

Applied for a job at the treasury, had to go to Twickenham for an assessment and then an interview yesterday. Didn't get that one but a similar job I applied for I was told I can't have an interview because I'm away on holiday next week, despite them having delayed it. Originally, the interviews were scheduled for June! *******s.

Might be worth asking if they could interview you this week or the week after, out of good faith. Be polite and they might like your initiative and enthusiasm. Gently mention that they've delayed the interviews but you're flexible.

Last edited:
Might be worth asking if they could interview you this week or the week after, out of good faith. Be polite and they might like you're initiative and enthusiasm. Gently mention that they've delayed the interviews but you're flexible.

I've sent them an e-mail why they can't interview me and asking for feedback for the other job but if I don't get a satisfactory reply then I may make a complaint or try and get in touch with the head PA person who does job recruitment to find out what their policy is and how it is unfair.

I've sent them an e-mail why they can't interview me and asking for feedback for the other job but if I don't get a satisfactory reply then I may make a complaint or try and get in touch with the head PA person who does job recruitment to find out what their policy is and how it is unfair.

I think with your particular issue (as with most) it's best to try and come up with solutions as well as highlight why they've wronged you. If you make it clear that you're happy to be interviewed at other times or by phone or whatever then that might help.

At the end of the process you can decide if you want to complain, but I probably wouldn't threaten them at this stage. Do your best to get the job. Then kick off!

Coming home from a very sweaty train journey .Poured myself a magners went to the the ice trays all empty. Wife had the girls round for lunch...why oh why it's not that hard to fill them up.

Just finished a July intensive course and the paycheck's not in my account (and won't be until Monday apparently).

In the good old days (ie up to last year) they'd give you the paycheck on the penultimate day and you could cash it on the Friday.:angry:

My friend is having her daughter christened on 16th Aug at 12.00 :-(( Hoping to make the second half and could well win prize for best dressed at football!!

Littleun wasn't well yesterday, and then decided not to sleep last night. Cue very tired mummy and daddy and I've got a busy week at work!:zzzzz:

BBC1 and BBC2 messing about with their programming schedules to accommodate the Commonwealth Games - please just stick to one channel so that those of us not watching aren't forced to keep switching channels every hour!!!

BBC1 and BBC2 messing about with their programming schedules to accommodate the Commonwealth Games - please just stick to one channel so that those of us not watching aren't forced to keep switching channels every hour!!!

And those moaning minnies in Gaza think THEY have problems...

More Th>n: Mr Slipperduke, we haven't received confirmation of your no claims bonus from Admiral. Where is it?
Slipperduke: I posted it two weeks ago!
MT: We haven't got it. If we haven't got it by tomorrow, we'll cancel your insurance.
S: But I sent it to you!
MT: We haven't got it. Perhaps you could fax it to us?
S: I could *what* it to you?
MT: Fax it.
S: Are you calling from 1986? Who uses fax machines? Can I email it?
MT: I'm sorry. We don't accept emails. Only faxes.
S: Who doesn't accept emails?!
MT: We don't. We tried to call Admiral, but they wouldn't confirm anything over the phone. You have to authorise them to speak to us.
S: I authorise them.
MT: You need to tell them directly.
S: Right. So because the postman has lost my letter, I now have to stop what I'm doing, call Admiral, and authorise them to speak to you.
MT: Yes.
S: Because you don't accept emails.
S: Only faxes.
S: Fine. Thank you.

*puts phone down, dials Admiral*

Admiral: Thank you for calling Admiral Insurance! Due to the very high call volume....

*puts phone down, puts gun in mouth*

More Th>n: Mr Slipperduke, we haven't received confirmation of your no claims bonus from Admiral. Where is it?
Slipperduke: I posted it two weeks ago!
MT: We haven't got it. If we haven't got it by tomorrow, we'll cancel your insurance.
S: But I sent it to you!
MT: We haven't got it. Perhaps you could fax it to us?
S: I could *what* it to you?
MT: Fax it.
S: Are you calling from 1986? Who uses fax machines? Can I email it?
MT: I'm sorry. We don't accept emails. Only faxes.
S: Who doesn't accept emails?!
MT: We don't. We tried to call Admiral, but they wouldn't confirm anything over the phone. You have to authorise them to speak to us.
S: I authorise them.
MT: You need to tell them directly.
S: Right. So because the postman has lost my letter, I now have to stop what I'm doing, call Admiral, and authorise them to speak to you.
S: Because you don't accept emails.
S: Only faxes.
S: Fine. Thank you.

*puts phone down, dials Admiral*

Admiral: Thank you for calling Admiral Insurance! Due to the very high call volume....

*puts phone down, puts gun in mouth*

How I have missed this genius for making me laugh out loud.
Mad Cyril, you're fired.

Back