• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My car (2010) windscreen appears to be letting in moisture but there is no obvious chip or crack. Companies I have contacted such as Autoglass do not seem to want to have anything to do with it.
Sounds like your windscreen seal has perished somewhere around the windscreen.
This site explains a lot. It happened to my mate's car. He didn't use this firm, but the advice helped him locate the problem.

Sounds like your windscreen seal has perished somewhere around the windscreen.
This site explains a lot. It happened to my mate's car. He didn't use this firm, but the advice helped him locate the problem.
Thanks for this

My car (2010) windscreen appears to be letting in moisture but there is no obvious chip or crack. Companies I have contacted such as Autoglass do not seem to want to have anything to do with it.
Is it definitely coming in from the windscreen seals? I thought I had a leak on my fiesta (everytime it rained I had a little puddle in the front foot wells)

Turned out the drain holes at the top if the bonnet were blocked with leaves dirt etc and the water was coming in via this little resivour that was building up.

Cleaned the blockages and now as good as new

Is it definitely coming in from the windscreen seals? I thought I had a leak on my fiesta (everytime it rained I had a little puddle in the front foot wells)

Turned out the drain holes at the top if the bonnet were blocked with leaves dirt etc and the water was coming in via this little resivour that was building up.

Cleaned the blockages and now as good as new
I cannot be 100% sure - fortunately the footwells are dry.

Signed up for a magazine subscription on the 21/01/24 and it stated I'd get a £20 Amazon voucher within 30 days.

I chased up on the 23/02/24 as I hadn't received it and they said they would chase up and it would be with me within the week.

Chased up again today as still not received.

I'd raise it with Which? as to inappropriate sales tactics to sign up for a subscription. Just one issue though. The subscription is with Which?

Signed up for a magazine subscription on the 21/01/24 and it stated I'd get a £20 Amazon voucher within 30 days.

I chased up on the 23/02/24 as I hadn't received it and they said they would chase up and it would be with me within the week.

Chased up again today as still not received.

I'd raise it with Which? as to inappropriate sales tactics to sign up for a subscription. Just one issue though. The subscription is with Which?
I joined a life insurance scheme having seen their television advert, the gift card incentive made me sign up. Like you several months had passed and they were taking my premium payments but no gift card. When I rang to chase them up they said only available on some life insurance schemes but not all of them

We have a built in convection oven which is self cleaning. So far so good. I set it up to self clean on max as its a while since its been done. Off it goes at 250°c for two hours, oven door locked so you can't turn it off until it's finished. Now every time I pass the smart meter I really wish I hadn't!

Have you considered installing that cling film type secondary glazing that people had in the early 1980s?

We have a built in convection oven which is self cleaning. So far so good. I set it up to self clean on max as its a while since its been done. Off it goes at 250°c for two hours, oven door locked so you can't turn it off until it's finished. Now every time I pass the smart meter I really wish I hadn't!
Think of it this way: if the smart meter says it cost less than getting in a professional cleaner then you've saved money.

Issue with my wifes MK3 Clio. Seems to be a bit troublesome getting into gear recently. Took it to Clutchzone (of the A127 just past Alton Garden Centre) and they said it was the clutch. I had an appointment booked today for 12:00 at South Hill Garage Langdon Hills and he took it for a test drive and said it might be gearbox or the oil within the gearbox and quoted £70 to change the oil to start with...

Two apposing views so i took it to my usual MOT issue place for a 3rd opinion. Took it for a test drive and he also got a second opinion and stated it was the clutch.

More inclined to believe its the clutch as my usual garage doesn't do Clutches or gearboxes so its not like he is after the work.

He did advise to just keep going with it until it becomes a more of an issue.

£395 plus the VAT for a new clutch. Brilliant

Thar's one problem they don't have over here.There's a drought atm!
No laughing matter,apparently.According to this moring's El Periodico the rain we had on Sat.only filled Cataluña's resevoirs to 0.3 % of their capacity.Also we'd need 10 times that amount of rainfall before drought restrictions could be lifted.It would appear global warming is here to stay, :Sorry:

Back