• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not envious of their pay.
Same, it's brutal for what they have to do.

Unsure if your post came from thinking I aimed my post at you, but I didn't, it was a general contribution to the thread. My point was that there's a reason those who moan about teacher's holidays don't become one.

Same, it's brutal for what they have to do.

Unsure if your post came from thinking I aimed my post at you, but I didn't, it was a general contribution to the thread. My point was that there's a reason those who moan about teacher's holidays don't become one.
No, I got it. People who complain teachers have it easy don't ever seem to want to become one.

If I ever get **** at work, at least it's from people who are in the profession and know what they're talking about.

With teachers (as football managers) everyone seems to think they know better.

No, I got it. People who complain teachers have it easy don't ever seem to want to become one.

If I ever get **** at work, at least it's from people who are in the profession and know what they're talking about.

I certainly couldn't do what they do and I'm grateful there's people who do do it. I would think that a well paid and motivated faculty would be a benefit to society.

Jus seen that a load of quad bike w******s have destroyed most of the greens and a lot of fairways at Belfairs. 😡
I saw the photo's in the Echo last night. Mindless Scum. The ground being so damp has made the damage even worse. Over 100k to put right they think.
17535736.jpg

17535541.jpg

Got back from Antigua on Friday morning. I checked into my London guesthouse and upon saying to the guy behind the desk that I had a reservation through Agoda he bizarrely replied "you want to bet on it, do you?" ,

In the evening I went to collect my package from a London mini mart and the owner was shouting "barcode, barcode" to me and "outside outside", Welcome (back) to South-East England. :-/

Yes. It would be entertaining to stick those who criticise teachers in front of 30 teenagers every day for a few months and see if they think the holidays compensate for all the planning, marking, abuse, bureaucracy, dealing with parents and cr4p wages......

Not forgetting being ’assessed’ by the morons at Ofsted!
The school I'm a governor of had 2 OFSTED inspections over a 12 month period. Even as a governor I can tell you they're one of the most stressful things I've ever gone through.

The 1st inspector (IMO) should never be allowed near a school again. He was rude, unhelpful and massively overstepped his remit to the point where the school's improvement officer (all schools have one before you read anything into that) suggested that we complain. She also gave us a tip as to how to deal with that kind of thing again.

The 2nd inspector was better, but still seemed to go out of his way to cause problems.

In both inspections the school was rated as "good", so it wasn't like they were dealing with a bad situation either.

Last edited:
Back