• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fancy coming to do my hallway, stairs and landing.

If someone can tell me how to paint behind newly installed spindles where there is a gap of about 2" between it and the wall i'm all ears. Can't do it with a paintbrush and whilst probably couldn't see it looking at it head on, looking up the stairs I can see it, and because I can see its not been painted it will continue to eat away at me reducing any glow that I might have had for actually making the rest look nice.
You can get small long handled rollers for awkward areas. A sponge roller would probably give best finish.

If someone can tell me how to paint behind newly installed spindles where there is a gap of about 2" between it and the wall i'm all ears. Can't do it with a paintbrush and whilst probably couldn't see it looking at it head on, looking up the stairs I can see it, and because I can see its not been painted it will continue to eat away at me reducing any glow that I might have had for actually making the rest look nice.
Thought long and hard about your first request and thought, nice but nah, sorry.

On your second problem, this may help.

Paint the wall before put the spindles in !😤😤😤😤

Paint the wall before put the spindles in !😤😤😤😤
Fortunately there is enough space to paint the wall to do a reasonable job.

Its the back of the spindle (the side that faces the wall) that i'm struggling to reach. Whilst no-one is going to see the back side of the this spindle walking up the stairs if your at the bottom of the stairs and look up you'll see the spindles all nicely painted except for the 5/6 where they are in front of the landing wall.

My only solution so far is to use a new (de-linted) white sock. Put my hand into the sock (covered in a food bag so i don't end up with paint all over my hand) and then use that to try and cover the back of the spindle.

Managed to do an okish job on the undercoat. That's also going be my method for the top gloss coat. Its not got to be perfect, just good enough that it looks white on that side of the spindle when I look up the stairs.

Received my first ever bus pass today, now i'm officially an OAP!. Lo & behold good old Southend Council have spelt my surname wrong on it FFS!. Useless or what?.
I phoned & got straight through ( wasn't expecting that! ), lady said it didn't matter, but she'd update my file so when they send a new one my surname will be spelt correctly.
As it lasts for 5 years, hope i'm still alive when the next one is sent, although i doubt i'll resemble my pic on it?.

I took out Life Insurance (depressing enough) quite some time ago and my provider still hasn't provided my free Gift Card after enrolment despite television advertising still offering the incentive. I'm currently actively chasing...

Received my first ever bus pass today, now i'm officially an OAP!. Lo & behold good old Southend Council have spelt my surname wrong on it FFS!. Useless or what?.
I phoned & got straight through ( wasn't expecting that! ), lady said it didn't matter, but she'd update my file so when they send a new one my surname will be spelt correctly.
As it lasts for 5 years, hope i'm still alive when the next one is sent, although i doubt i'll resemble my pic on it?.
You’ve still got many years of seafood to get through B no worries,I get mine in November, I’ve heard Cricko has had one Donkeys years maybe he could enlighten us of all the benefits.😉

I took out Life Insurance (depressing enough) quite some time ago and my provider still hasn't provided my free Gift Card after enrolment despite television advertising still offering the incentive. I'm currently actively chasing...
Luckily I get life insurance through work (Obviously ceases if and when I leave) Not something I would purchase for myself otherwise if my work never offered it.

I thought it was a desert in a tin at first. Then saw its actually an Ale. I'm almost slightly intrigued. Price? Morrisons location? And did you purchase?

It’s alcohol. Hadleigh. Well, it would have been rude not to. Trouble is I can’t bring myself to crack it open. Price can’t remember, but you can buy one. Probably give it to my least favourite in-law next time they call.

Last edited:
It’s alcohol. Hadleigh. Well, it would have been rude not to. Trouble is I can’t bring myself to crack it open. Price can’t remember, but you can buy one. Probably give it to my least favourite in-law next time they call.
Are they just trying to put as many components from a Sunday roast meal into beer as possible?
Any advances on Minted Lamb & tatties bitter?🤮

I've had one for 12 years and I've used it twice.
I intend to use it as much as i can. To get something free from the Govt is a rarity these days!. Haven't been to Chelmsford for about 25 years, i'm told it's worth visiting so plan to do that soon.
Instead of driving to Roots Hall for match day tickets, will now use the bus, saves on petrol!.
Only place i'm not interested in going to is Basildon, doe's anyone?.

Back