• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having done a few festivals I can tell you you aim to not try and not do one. If you really have to go you need to go the first day your there. Toilets after the festival kicks in are rotten and are best avoided at all costs.

Of course that was my experience when doing the Download music festivals in the early noughties. Times may well have changed and I'm sure for Glastonbury they may be cleaned and toilet paper may have been replenished.

A trip to the toilets at one of the services on the way to the festival, a final clear out when you pitched your tent and then one again at the services on the way home. Hope and pray you didn't get any dodgy food from one the food outlets or just stick to chips and beer
I understand a sensible person would take the sort of steps you said. But what about those not so sensible, near the jammed packed front, that are caught short and about an hour away from the toilet?

I understand a sensible person would take the sort of steps you said. But what about those not so sensible, near the jammed packed front, that are caught short and about an hour away from the toilet?
Every festival I've ever been to if you need a number 2 the trick is to ignore the toilets nearest to the stage and to keep walking, the toilets further away from the music tend to have less traffic, I've never bothered standing super close to the front of the main stage though, generally the speakers are good enough it doesn't matter unless you really need to see the artist's face.

Just stop oil are protesting outside the office where I am contracting and as a result no one is allowed in.

It is unbelievably selfish of these people to prevent people from working on one of the days I am not in the office. Hopefully they will go again tomorrow and Thursday. If they can start about 6am so I don't have to get on a train so much the better.

Just stop oil are protesting outside the office where I am contracting and as a result no one is allowed in.

It is unbelievably selfish of these people to prevent people from working on one of the days I am not in the office. Hopefully they will go again tomorrow and Thursday. If they can start about 6am so I don't have to get on a train so much the better.
Unfortunately for you, I doubt such people would be waking up early considering they usually don't have jobs

Last edited:

I remember many years ago when I worked for an Investment Bank in Canary Wharf we had some protesters protesting about something by chaining themselves to the revolving doors to the foyer. What they didn't realise was that there was another "normal" door about 10 meters to the left. We all used that instead. Their protest had zero impact, and boy did they look foolish!

Never understand why they do these protests it has zero impact on politicians. If they were to protest outside mps houses and stop their wife's getting to the gym the whole thing would be sorted in a week

Just stop oil can never win by this method of protesting. It's impossible. Even if what they are protesting about is right, no government can ever give in to them. If one was stupid enough to give into this blackmail, all protest groups would come out of the woodwork and use the same method and bring vital roads and Cities to a standstill all around the country. So all they are doing is causing misery to normal folks going about their business, and endangering peoples lives regarding emergency vehicles.

The house is up for sale & a couple have been round to view on 4 occasions in past 2 weeks with a parting comment as they left: “We’ll be in touch with estate agent with an offer..”.

That was last Wednesday, not heard a thing although estate agent has left several messages on the guys mobile with no response.

I fully understand the financial stresses that is affecting everybody but at least have the decency not to leave people hanging.

I really hate the whole moving house ‘game’…😡

Last edited:
The house is up for sale & a couple have been round to view on 4 occasions in past 2 weeks with the last comment to us as they left: “We’ll be in touch with estate agent with an offer..”.

That was last Wednesday, not heard a thing although estate agent has left several messages on the guys mobile with no response.

I really hate the whole moving house ‘game’…😡
Fingers crossed you sell. We had an absolute mare selling/buying. took well over a year. I just hated it when people wasted our time. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long for you.

All lives are sacred no matter what their bank balance is, your comment about rich adventurers is beneath contempt.
That's a bit hard Tony.Personally I would have thought that the comparison between the media coverage of the Titan submersible and that boat that went down off Greece recently is accurate.Obviously your comment that "all lives are sacred" is a fair one.

Just stop oil can never win by this method of protesting. It's impossible. Even if what they are protesting about is right, no government can ever give in to them. If one was stupid enough to give into this blackmail, all protest groups would come out of the woodwork and use the same method and bring vital roads and Cities to a standstill all around the country. So all they are doing is causing misery to normal folks going about their business, and endangering peoples lives regarding emergency vehicles.
The suffragettes won by similar methods.

Like the suffragettes their aim isn’t to blackmail but to raise attention to a cause that they believe is right but ignored.

Of course you might be wanting more pollution, increasing burden on the NHS from respiratory diseases, more expensive energy bills, ever increasing insurance premiums, more migrants fleeing floods/extreme temperatures/crop failures etc and so support the status quo.

The suffragettes won by similar methods.

Like the suffragettes their aim isn’t to blackmail but to raise attention to a cause that they believe is right but ignored.

Of course you might be wanting more pollution, increasing burden on the NHS from respiratory diseases, more expensive energy bills, ever increasing insurance premiums, more migrants fleeing floods/extreme temperatures/crop failures etc and so support the status quo.
The suffragettes used many methods, including art, debate, protest and violence. It was a totally different world in those days. Also, most of the country were not against women voting. You're now talking about oil, pollution, etc. I am saying why they can't win using this method of holding a government or people to ransom. Many campaigns have been won by debate, good debate that has snowballed until the campaign was won. Smoking banned in pubs, gay marriage, etc, etc. Can you imagine if a government gave into them? There would be at least 4 protest groups doing the same thing within a few months. It would be seen as the best way to get what you want.

The suffragettes used many methods, including art, debate, protest and violence. It was a totally different world in those days. Also, most of the country were not against women voting. You're now talking about oil, pollution, etc. I am saying why they can't win using this method of holding a government or people to ransom. Many campaigns have been won by debate, good debate that has snowballed until the campaign was won. Smoking banned in pubs, gay marriage, etc, etc. Can you imagine if a government gave into them? There would be at least 4 protest groups doing the same thing within a few months. It would be seen as the best way to get what you want.
I don’t think most of the country is against green energy or green energy policies. For example, who on earth would be against insulation?

It’s not holding the government to ransom but holding a light to an issue that is otherwise being buried.

I don’t think most of the country is against green energy or green energy policies. For example, who on earth would be against insulation?

It’s not holding the government to ransom but holding a light to an issue that is otherwise being buried.
Well it is really. It's now costing £millions a week they said using extra police and taking up police and the courts time. How much do you think it cost the country and businesses when they got the Dartford crossing closed down? It's holding the government and people to ransom.

Well it is really. It's now costing £millions a week they said using extra police and taking up police and the courts time. How much do you think it cost the country and businesses when they got the Dartford crossing closed down? It's holding the government and people to ransom.
The current policies are costing us already millions a week with increased costs for the NHS from respiratory diseases, increased insurance premiums, increased energy prices from our reliance on oil and gas, costs dealing with increased migration as flooding, forest fires, extreme heat, pollution etc all create additional displacement/desperation. Pretending that it isn’t happening is just going to make it more expensive to deal with.

Fingers crossed you sell. We had an absolute mare selling/buying. took well over a year. I just hated it when people wasted our time. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long for you.
Until a month ago, the sale of 'other halfs' late Mum's house was going very well. Probate only took 10 days ( must be a record? ), & contracts est to be exchanged this month.
Then The Land Registry noticed something hadn't been done correctly 34 years ago, when 'other halfs' father died, & we now have had to pay £1200 + vat for Solicitor to sort out a 'letters de bonis non' document ( dont ask! ).
And land registry are giving est of between 16-24 weeks to provide it FFS!.
We're surprised the buyers haven't pulled out yet, but hopefully they can/will wait for this document to be supplied.

Until a month ago, the sale of 'other halfs' late Mum's house was going very well. Probate only took 10 days ( must be a record? ), & contracts est to be exchanged this month.
Then The Land Registry noticed something hadn't been done correctly 34 years ago, when 'other halfs' father died, & we now have had to pay £1200 + vat for Solicitor to sort out a 'letters de bonis non' document ( dont ask! ).
And land registry are giving est of between 16-24 weeks to provide it FFS!.
We're surprised the buyers haven't pulled out yet, but hopefully they can/will wait for this document to be supplied.
We had that , Dads Will gave his half to the three kids , No one told land registry this so when we came to sell mums house to move her nearer family , all the instruction had to come from her , it was quicker for us to get power of attorney, than to find his will

We had that , Dads Will gave his half to the three kids , No one told land registry this so when we came to sell mums house to move her nearer family , all the instruction had to come from her , it was quicker for us to get power of attorney, than to find his will
Other halfs dad didn't leave a Will, so everything automatically went to his wife ( who died last Nov ). She thought she did all the required administration as advised, but Land registry say she didn't complete it fully after his death.
Obviously back in 89 she was in her 60's & naturally thought everything had been done correctly by those who advised her.

Other halfs dad didn't leave a Will, so everything automatically went to his wife ( who died last Nov ). She thought she did all the required administration as advised, but Land registry say she didn't complete it fully after his death.
Obviously back in 89 she was in her 60's & naturally thought everything had been done correctly by those who advised her.
Yep mum was in her late 70s , She Just assumed she had done everything , Trying to get a stone deaf 87 year old to sign the stuff to sell a house is a tad tricky . Hope it all goes well pal

Back