• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's hacking me off - This type of censorship and being under constant thread of yet another thread being closed or posts deleted :Hilarious:
Absolutely no chance of this thread being closed.

Politics has been banned from ShrimperZone due to the continual comments of some posters who were not able to discuss matters sensibly without resorting to regular insults and abuse. This, in turn was driving away other posters and the volume of complaints were sufficient for the Mods to take the decision to close the Politics Forum.

Absolutely no chance of this thread being closed.

Politics has been banned from ShrimperZone due to the continual comments of some posters who were not able to discuss matters sensibly without resorting to regular insults and abuse. This, in turn was driving away other posters and the volume of complaints were sufficient for the Mods to take the decision to close the Politics Forum.
Fair enough, although I wasn't just referring to politics, it's a miracle I've never had a ban to be fair. Only pulling your chain.

Reactions: RHB
EON Next. On the phone to them in a queue for 1hr 22mins before I finally got through. Surely they must realise that customers are going to be ****ed off at the waiting time even before they answer the query. Put more staff into it EON.

EON Next. On the phone to them in a queue for 1hr 22mins before I finally got through. Surely they must realise that customers are going to be ****ed off at the waiting time even before they answer the query. Put more staff into it EON.
EON Next have reduced my monthly DD quite substantially. I’m staying quiet! For now..

EON Next have reduced my monthly DD quite substantially. I’m staying quiet! For now..
They've reduced mine as well, and that's ok. What isn't ok is to install a smart meter that doesn't transmit my readings and then it takes me 3 abortive attempts to ring them, they didn't answer my emails and totally ignored my Whatsapp messages. So be grateful that yours is ok at the moment.

They've reduced mine as well, and that's ok. What isn't ok is to install a smart meter that doesn't transmit my readings and then it takes me 3 abortive attempts to ring them, they didn't answer my emails and totally ignored my Whatsapp messages. So be grateful that yours is ok at the moment.
Well quite which is why I added “for now” .. I’ve resisted repeated requests for them to install a smart meter. Not interested.

Ordered a roof box from Halfords.

Got there ten minutes before opening and there is a queue of codgers undoubtedly buying **** for their Rovers and Honda Acclaims.

Smart meters show you exactly what power you are using, both money and kw hours. It shows you what appliances use what and how much your heating costs so if you want you can change how you do things. It's a bit obsessive to people like me. I look at it daily (several times). It's a real eye opener. I want to use as little power as I can. It's an absolute must.

Not long come in after seing Espanyol draw 2-2 with bottom clube Elche.Looks like relegation for Espanyol (again) unless they can sign a decent keeper in the winter break. :Sad:

Smart meters show you exactly what power you are using, both money and kw hours. It shows you what appliances use what and how much your heating costs so if you want you can change how you do things. It's a bit obsessive to people like me. I look at it daily (several times). It's a real eye opener. I want to use as little power as I can. It's an absolute must.

I don't have a smart meter and am able to work out what roughly things cost.

I've reduced my Electricity use from last year by over 60% and 80% of gas.

As you say, it's obsessive, I don't want one personally and never will.

And they aren't FREE, they cost big money which is passed on to the bills, and make big profit for the makers and installers of them.
About as useful for thinking folk as telling them to wear a jumper to keep warmer. Not rocket science is it to know what is using power.

And they aren't FREE, they cost big money which is passed on to the bills, and make big profit for the makers and installers of them.
About as useful for thinking folk as telling them to wear a jumper to keep warmer. Not rocket science is it to know what is using power.

Some good points......

I don't know enough about them but (from my little knowledge) they run off your router? And Electricity..... What if we have planned Electricity outages (obviously not using electric during that time) but what about gas!!

For me, it's just taking away common sense. The World is already a stressful place, I don't want something in my life that I'd keep checking every 5 minutes (and I would if I had one).

Last edited:

What I would say is there are surprises. For example our tumble dryer is not a huge expense. Surprising. The fridge freezer is. The next biggest thing is the shower. Then cooking But at the end of the day they are not compulsory and funnily enough I didn't want one until I got one.

What I would say is there are surprises. For example our tumble dryer is not a huge expense. Surprising. The fridge freezer is. The next biggest thing is the shower. Then cooking But at the end of the day they are not compulsory and funnily enough I didn't want one until I got one.

Yep I agree with the tumble dryer. I have a dog so it's a god send getting dog hairs off of things. I use it quite a lot and it's a lot cheaper than some say if you have an A rating one.

The cooker is expensive, I just use the Air Fryer a lot now.

Do you have an electric shower? My gas one is very cheap and is one of the big savings I make rather than having a soak in the bath.

I'd be interested what it costs you with you fridge freezer, I'm more or less at the end of what I can save electricity wise.

Well we're on a very low fixed tariff that my wife organised. It runs until August. We have a big Bosch American style fridge freezer which we got when we got our extension done. I love it but it's a bit silly just for the two of us. It cost £9 (37kwh) to run in September.

Back