• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I find it most disappointing with the Womens FA with these prices (we expect it with the Men). Thw Womens prices are just stupid, they're trying to promote the WSL, Euros (which were amazing) yet they're charging girls the same price, I don't get it.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the WSL attendances have doubled for the first game since last season.The BBC website are now showing attendances which they've never done before.
The women's Arsenal v Spurs game today is set to smash the WSL attendance record today. They have already sold 51,000, and rising. The March fixture was postponed due to an outbreak of Covid. That fixture was on course for a 15,000 attendance, which was regarded at the time as an excellent attendance. They only got 8705 against Chelsea last season.
Just shows you what that Euros win has done to the women's game.

The women's Arsenal v Spurs game today is set to smash the WSL attendance record today. They have already sold 51,000, and rising. The March fixture was postponed due to an outbreak of Covid. That fixture was on course for a 15,000 attendance, which was regarded at the time as an excellent attendance. They only got 8705 against Chelsea last season.
Just shows you what that Euros win has done to the women's game.

,It really will grow further because people have seen the standard after watching the Euro's...

Everything.
  • Work issues due to banking providers weekend release.
  • Boss wants running updates every 15 minutes
  • On the way to pick up my daughter from School had to jump out of the way of a car that mounted the car so little johnny didn't get wet walking home
  • Walked past some workmen digging up the road further up (literally outside the school) and it was break time for the workman. I've not got an issue with people if they want to have a smoke, but try and light your drugs up at home
I'm having a hair cut tonight. Chances of the clippers malfunctioning and me ending up with a bald spot are very high i'd say.

3) Youtube comments about the Japan tsunami.
People saying Japan deserve it for Pearl Harbour and hunting whales. Sickening. One of my mates here found one comment so offensive that he tried to find out who the person was. After doing so, he emailed the boys school and the headteacher replied saying he would make the boy donate to the disaster fund.
That’s awful. Japan is a great place with much to be proud of. As a figure skating fan I appreciate many of their skaters.

People who put their exterior lights on at 6pm when it’s not even dusk. Bad for the environment. The new houses on our street, although in no way very large have *4* exterior lights. Nobody needs 4 exterior lights
We have lights on our house. I never put them on, what's the point? Light up your house for no reason

We have lights on our house. I never put them on, what's the point? Light up your house for no reason
Couple of reasons why you might want some illumination

(1) Security - if your house is dark then burglars can work unnoticed
(2) To assist emergency services/delivery drivers locating a specific house number - if your house number cannot be seen then it makes harder for these - although with the advent of satnav it's not as needed as a few years ago

Lolly pop ladies crossing grown adults across the road with no kids in sight.... what a waste of community money!! This Country does some really illogical things!!

Lolly pop ladies crossing grown adults across the road with no kids in sight.... what a waste of community money!! This Country does some really illogical things!!
Or as I saw on London Road in Leigh a Lollipop lady operating pedestrian lights for an adult to cross the road.

Or as I saw on London Road in Leigh a Lollipop lady operating pedestrian lights for an adult to cross the road.
Bonny has been the Lollipop lady in Hobleythick Lane for over 25 years, she is doing a great job, in all weathers and really knows her young boys, girls and their families. Plus with the amount of ****s on the road, especially on dark winter afternoons, dusk, chancing it a tad; getting cold and often soaked, on minimum wage .

Essex Ambulance service has put out a statement today saying they are under extreme pressure with long queues forming. They have urged the public to only call with life-threatening illness or injuries.

I passed the hospital Friday and counted 12 ambulances waiting outside A&E

Essex Ambulance service has put out a statement today saying they are under extreme pressure with long queues forming. They have urged the public to only call with life-threatening illness or injuries.
My running buddy is a paramedic and sat 5 hours outside Basildon hospital with a patient,, now that's a waste of resources
Being a Labour supporter , I remember Gordon Brown opening a new wing at Basildon hospital and then shunted away from the protesters who wanted him to go in the AE and see the queues, doesn't matter which party is in, the NHS is on its knees sadly, a few doorstep claps are now a distant memory ( No lets not make this a political debate)

Back