• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kind of a repeat post but my short ten minute walk for my very cheap and delicious lunch is ruined particularly spectacularly today. The locals have a bad habit of just stopping in their tracks and not just because they are on one of the many gadgets that get them through the day (myopia is now prevalent out here). Couple that with three abreast walking towards you and not moving (they get barged out of the way) and standing still on moving walkways where people walking alongside on paths are twice as quick. For all their money and their innovative nature these people are not the full ticket.

:angry: OK, eggs and silly string was one thing, but last night, at some point, someone spray painted daughter's headlights with red paint. No-one is telling me that's not a malicious attack, she has no idea who might be behind it but as she has a personalised plate on her car, someone definitely knows it's her's. Off out today to buy some CCTV equipment.

:angry: OK, eggs and silly string was one thing, but last night, at some point, someone spray painted daughter's headlights with red paint. No-one is telling me that's not a malicious attack, she has no idea who might be behind it but as she has a personalised plate on her car, someone definitely knows it's her's. Off out today to buy some CCTV equipment.

I can see why that would make your daughter see red, Kay... :whistling:

I can see why that would make your daughter see red, Kay... :whistling:

She didn't see red, she actually broke down in tears when she found that someone also let her tyre down while she was at work. Found it on the rim when she came out and it re-inflated perfectly well. She does have a suspicion who it is, and while she's done nothing to either of the couple, their behaviour towards her would seem to justify her suspicions. Anyway, CCTV now in place and police have been into her work - as that seems to be the connection.

A week or so ago the police declared that a case of vandalism was now a case of murder as a slash trye had burst last year on a girls car and she crashed and died,check her car daily.
Where does shee work?

She didn't see red, she actually broke down in tears when she found that someone also let her tyre down while she was at work. Found it on the rim when she came out and it re-inflated perfectly well. She does have a suspicion who it is, and while she's done nothing to either of the couple, their behaviour towards her would seem to justify her suspicions. Anyway, CCTV now in place and police have been into her work - as that seems to be the connection.

Have you not considered that there might be a reason for this? One thing happening can be an act of random vandalism. A targeted campaign might well have some previous fault lying at your daughters door too... :unsure:

Have you not considered that there might be a reason for this? One thing happening can be an act of random vandalism. A targeted campaign might well have some previous fault lying at your daughters door too... :unsure:

No, as I understand, one of her (female) supervisors at work and her boyfriend (an ex-employee) seem to be the favourites as likely culprits. A few weeks back, the b/f asked my daughter for her phone number, which she declined to give him, saying she didn't think it appropriate - my daughter's b/f also works at this place, btw, when home from uni. The other girl gave her b/f my daughter's mobile number, and he then bombarded her with texts. Nothing dubious, but just consistent messaging for no real reason. The girl has also started to be all "pally" with my daughter and, although she doesn't work at weekends, both the girl and her b/f went into work yesterday with no real reason to be there. That coincided with the tyre incident.

So, nothing concrete to go on, just a "feeling", backed up by her colleagues of the behaviour of these two towards her. Whatever it is, for an 18 year old, it's just not a nice thing to have to go through - especially as she's hoping to replace her car in the not too distant future so doesn't want it damaged in any way at the moment!

No, as I understand, one of her (female) supervisors at work and her boyfriend (an ex-employee) seem to be the favourites as likely culprits. A few weeks back, the b/f asked my daughter for her phone number, which she declined to give him, saying she didn't think it appropriate - my daughter's b/f also works at this place, btw, when home from uni. The other girl gave her b/f my daughter's mobile number, and he then bombarded her with texts. Nothing dubious, but just consistent messaging for no real reason. The girl has also started to be all "pally" with my daughter and, although she doesn't work at weekends, both the girl and her b/f went into work yesterday with no real reason to be there. That coincided with the tyre incident.

So, nothing concrete to go on, just a "feeling", backed up by her colleagues of the behaviour of these two towards her. Whatever it is, for an 18 year old, it's just not a nice thing to have to go through - especially as she's hoping to replace her car in the not too distant future so doesn't want it damaged in any way at the moment!

Tell her to save the text messages, and print them out from your computer.

Makes perfect sense to me OBL, as these Two both have a motive. Your daughter has behaved perfectly in the way she politely declined his advances. His motive is that he was rejected, some people just can't handle that. I suspect that he then lied to his girlfriend to get revenge on your daughter, and probably told her that your daughter has been coming on to him, or something similar to get his girlfriend on side to punish your daughter.

It's a shame the girlfriend doesn't know the truth about her disloyal boyfriend, as he is the real villain of the piece.

Makes perfect sense to me OBL, as these Two both have a motive. Your daughter has behaved perfectly in the way she politely declined his advances. His motive is that he was rejected, some people just can't handle that. I suspect that he then lied to his girlfriend to get revenge on your daughter, and probably told her that your daughter has been coming on to him, or something similar to get his girlfriend on side to punish your daughter.

It's a shame the girlfriend doesn't know the truth about her disloyal boyfriend, as he is the real villain of the piece.

That's exactly how I see it, it's just a case of catching them or proving it now. As I understand it, he got the elbow from their place of work for some wrong doing, so he's evidently a wrong'un.

Why would an 18 year old want a personalised number plate?

Actually, why would anyone?

It's not a massively expensive one and she asked for it for her 18th birthday present. Plenty of people down here have them, and hers is perfectly legal - no adjusting the spacing or different fonts.

Went on a Fast from Monday. Only liquids, tea + coffee and a stock drink adding up to 400-500 calories a day. Finished on Saturday*. Started at 11 stone 12 and a quarter pounds. Finishing weight 11 stone 11 and a quarter pounds. One ****ing pound! I know I have trouble losing weight, but that is taking the ****! :angry::angry::'(

*Strange but true: I often fast on a Saturday, eating nothing all day.... unless SUFC score, when i start eating again from 5:00pm. Sort of diet roulette. For this fast was planning making it seven days. Was asked what my Roulette score would be. I really wanted to do the full seven days, so I said I'll stop after seven days or when Southend have scored five goals.....

And you never get all of it on the first go! You always end up with something poking you uncomfortably or you end up walking around with a sly label still on you that you didn't notice, looking like a pleb until some kind bint's nice enough to point it out with a wry "i'm being nice but still laughing inside" smile! ******* shirts!

Also: The cold. I hate cold. I spend most of my days snuggled up in bed - upside: it's nice and warm there. Downside: It's effing freezing when I get out of bed. Not looking forward to tommorrow's eye test...

Why would an 18 year old want a personalised number plate?

Actually, why would anyone?

With you there; plenty at my office and I always think 'wally' whenever I drive past them in the car park. Even if money were no object it's not something I'd ever bother with.

As for things that are hacking me off today - the realisation that 'the terrible twos' have now arrived, in duplicate.

Last edited:
Back