• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1. Stupid parents that let their 5 year olds play out on their own in the dark.

****ing idiots.

2. Stupid traffic meaning Ive missed the game!

3. Half completing a £20 bet at 7/1 for Hooper first scorer and getting interrupted by a work call and forgetting to finish placing it.

Today officially sucks camel balls.

I guess today was not a good day for Southend fans...my day sucked yesterday as well.

Work, out of no-where became ridiculouy busy causing me to miss my train and get to the game late, the last leg of the journey walking from the station to the ground I got soaked (whilst still recovering from man flu). Sitting down in time to see Timlin give Spicer the perfect opportunity to finally make an impact on one of our games. Being late out of work also meant I had to eat in the ground, made worse by the fact that my steak and kidney pie was missing two vital ingredients, steak and kindey. It was basically a thick gravy pie with a couple of tiny slivers of what I assume was meant to be steak. Then the night finished off, Burton get an undeserved winner. Brilliant. The only thing that can make today worse is a row with the other half. Right on cue she calls saying she'd been trying to get hold of me all night moaning 'where are you'. Admittedly it's not her fault, I only told her the night before and earlier the same day, it's probably too much to expect her to remember...especially as it's also on our calendar.

I'm glad Tuesday's over.

Football fans that talk non-friggin-stop throughout a whole match. I've never seen or heard anything like it in all the years I've been going to football. I was at the back of the South Upper. It was talking in normal sound, so I heard a variety of subjects, especially work and people. They hardly watched the game. Why bring all that to a Southend match and spoil it for the fans around you. I swear, they never stopped. I was trying to concentrate and enjoy the game.
Anyway, I thought I'd give them till half-time, if they don't shut up, I'll say something. They didn't shut up, but I've mellowed with age, and sensibly thought, is it worth it. So yes, I moved seats.

The little *******s that decided it would be great fun to attack my daughter's car with eggs and silly string earlier this morning. She went out to go to work at half past 9 and came in practically crying. After having cleaned it all off the car, while she phoned Rayleigh police (it was clearly a malicious attack, as none of the other cars in our road have been targeted), and having then had to clean all the mess off the drive, I could quite cheerfully throttle the little gits! I have quite enough on my plate at the moment without that sort of stuff going on :angry:

The little *******s that decided it would be great fun to attack my daughter's car with eggs and silly string earlier this morning. She went out to go to work at half past 9 and came in practically crying. After having cleaned it all off the car, while she phoned Rayleigh police (it was clearly a malicious attack, as none of the other cars in our road have been targeted), and having then had to clean all the mess off the drive, I could quite cheerfully throttle the little gits! I have quite enough on my plate at the moment without that sort of stuff going on :angry:

Eggs and Silly string??

You rang the old bill over that??????? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Football fans that talk non-friggin-stop throughout a whole match. I've never seen or heard anything like it in all the years I've been going to football. I was at the back of the South Upper. It was talking in normal sound, so I heard a variety of subjects, especially work and people. They hardly watched the game. Why bring all that to a Southend match and spoil it for the fans around you. I swear, they never stopped. I was trying to concentrate and enjoy the game.
Anyway, I thought I'd give them till half-time, if they don't shut up, I'll say something. They didn't shut up, but I've mellowed with age, and sensibly thought, is it worth it. So yes, I moved seats.

To be fair I yak away most of the game to me pals

Virgin Mobile, 5 attempts to speak to someone to get a PAC code, when I do get through apparently all systems are down so call back later.

Always been an awful firm to deal with & not getting any better.

That's just pushed the insurance premiums up in your area a little then!

On that subject... INSURANCE.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY is it that in my little Fiesta that I do 1,500 miles in a year in I am asked to pay 15p a mile to drive? Seriously, it's ridiculous. I've got a clean licence, 13 years NCB, the car is in a locked garage 6 days of the week, it's in no way an insurance risk, yet for some reason 1) I have to pay £200 odd quid for the pleasure of being insured AND it goes up even though I'm getting older AND have got another year's claim free driving behind me.

****ing crooks.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY is it that in my little Fiesta that I do 1,500 miles in a year in I am asked to pay 15p a mile to drive? Seriously, it's ridiculous. I've got a clean licence, 13 years NCB, the car is in a locked garage 6 days of the week, it's in no way an insurance risk, yet for some reason 1) I have to pay £200 odd quid for the pleasure of being insured AND it goes up even though I'm getting older AND have got another year's claim free driving behind me.

****ing crooks.

why bother with a car if you use it so little? get a taxi, bus, or use a bike.

Thanks for the spoiler alert. Not.

Some of us still enjoy watching Crimewatch don't you know?

****ing crooks.

would PAYG insurance not suit you better?

why bother with a car if you use it so little? get a taxi, bus, or use a bike.

Because I like being able to get in my car and go anywhere I want without having to put up with inane banter with an ill informed cab driver, sit next to bus ******s and I'd like to get to my destination the same day rather than peddle the 15 miles there, play football and then ride home after.

would PAYG insurance not suit you better?

£400 minimum as they want to stick a GPS tracker to watch my car sit in a garage all day.

Crooks.

Because I like being able to get in my car and go anywhere I want without having to put up with inane banter with an ill informed cab driver, sit next to bus ******s and I'd like to get to my destination the same day rather than peddle the 15 miles there, play football and then ride home after.

£400 minimum as they want to stick a GPS tracker to watch my car sit in a garage all day.

Crooks.

I got the bus once and had a tramp sit on my lap. I know where you are coming from when it comes to public transport...

Books with cliffhangers. I hate books with cliffhangers. They take a year to resolve! DAMN YOU YOUNG-ADULT FICTION WRITERS! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! (or Tartarus or ANOther analogue of Hell, depending on your personal belief and/or subject matter of your book).

I got the bus once and had a tramp sit on my lap. I know where you are coming from when it comes to public transport...

Look I don't put my Sunday best on every day and there weren't any other seats free. Perhaps you shouldn't look so welcoming.

Back