• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My cat died tonight. Was planning for my Father in Law to take him to the vets on Saturday to be put down while we are at Wembley as he was old and had Hyperthyroidism but my 12 year old son came home and found him dying. He cuddled him until he passed away.

My cat died tonight. Was planning for my Father in Law to take him to the vets on Saturday to be put down while we are at Wembley as he was old and had Hyperthyroidism but my 12 year old son came home and found him dying. He cuddled him until he passed away.

Shame. Hope all are okay. I don't think we're far off a similar fate. Our cat is about 15. He also has a heart murmur that vets said meant he wouldn't live much passed 5 or 6.

Sorry to hear that mate. Mine died earlier in the year, not nice.

Your son is obviously a good lad, please would you make sure he's ok after dealing with that and that he's not bottling feelings up? Difficult age, they want to be tough and are sometimes scared to show emotions, fearing it makes them look like little boys when they want to look like men.

Shame. Hope all are okay. I don't think we're far off a similar fate. Our cat is about 15. He also has a heart murmur that vets said meant he wouldn't live much passed 5 or 6.

Sorry to hear that mate. Mine died earlier in the year, not nice.

Your son is obviously a good lad, please would you make sure he's ok after dealing with that and that he's not bottling feelings up? Difficult age, they want to be tough and are sometimes scared to show emotions, fearing it makes them look like little boys when they want to look like men.

I hate taking animals to the vet, you never really know if it's the right time. I always say never again but the joy they bring outweighs the pain at the end.

Taylor is a sensitive lad, he's had a good cry but he knows he was with the cat at the end and that's a big comfort to him

I hate taking animals to the vet, you never really know if it's the right time. I always say never again but the joy they bring outweighs the pain at the end.

Taylor is a sensitive lad, he's had a good cry but he knows he was with the cat at the end and that's a big comfort to him

It's a horrible experience. I used to get so upset when one of our family pets was put down or died. Even now I remember my dad getting in contact with me over 3 years ago to say the family dog died. I was in bits! I now have a dog and 2 cats and I know it will destroy me when they go. But your right the joy they bring outweighs it! Even my work dogs I get upset about when they have to be put down. Luckily there hasn't been many.

Really sorry for your loss mate. Will give you a hug on sat if I see you.

Hope all are okay!

Losing a pet is horrible, lost my cat a couple of years ago who had been around since before I was born, and then our dog in January, who we'd had for about 15 years. I'm at uni now but whenever I visit back home it's always strange to not have any pets around but with both my parents out working 8-6 Monday to Friday it just wouldn't work to get another one with me and my brother away at uni at the moment. I was glad that I was there when both of my pets went though, made it a lot easier to deal with it getting to say goodbye, hopefully your son will be feeling the same!

Know the feeling - our 17 year old cat Lottie died last Friday (only 5 months after her companion Fingers) - brought me down to ground after the Stevenage result.

House is strangely empty :sad:

Know the feeling - our 17 year old cat Lottie died last Friday (only 5 months after her companion Fingers) - brought me down to ground after the Stevenage result.

House is strangely empty :sad:
Really sorry to hear this, Rich. Come on over to Fort Nox Saturday for the game, eh? Few sherberts before the game in PZ too.

Hope all are okay!

Losing a pet is horrible, lost my cat a couple of years ago who had been around since before I was born, and then our dog in January, who we'd had for about 15 years. I'm at uni now but whenever I visit back home it's always strange to not have any pets around but with both my parents out working 8-6 Monday to Friday it just wouldn't work to get another one with me and my brother away at uni at the moment. I was glad that I was there when both of my pets went though, made it a lot easier to deal with it getting to say goodbye, hopefully your son will be feeling the same!

Well I buried the old boy in the back garden tonight, seemed apt as he didn't venture out of the garden for about 5 years. Bought a tear or two my eye as I did it but glad I did. Perfect end to a perfect cat

Lost two of mine this year already so know how it feels.

Back