• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Threads- iplayer

Incredibly harrowing. I never saw it first time around. Apparently hasn’t been played since 1984.
BBC Film on WW3 starting in 1984 and the effect on uk and Sheffield in particular.
Very well done and frankly terrifying.
I had forgotten about the pamphlets on building a bomb shelter under the stairs with doors and mattresses.
Will work better I think for viewers in their mid 50’s and older

Threads- iplayer

Incredibly harrowing. I never saw it first time around. Apparently hasn’t been played since 1984.
BBC Film on WW3 starting in 1984 and the effect on uk and Sheffield in particular.
I had forgotten about the pamphlets on building a bomb shelter under the stairs with doors and mattresses.
Same I’d never seen it. It was so bleak. Didn’t really work very well as a film though.

Threads- iplayer

I read that it was only the fourth time Threads had ever been cast. Don't fancy it myself... life is bleak enough as it is!

Threads- iplayer

Older Zoners will perhaps remember Peter Watkin's fine The war Game (from the 60's, first banned on the Beeb,Which I saw in the 70's ,while a student in Brum. Protect and Survive was the name of that HMG pamphlet I remember it well! :Winking:

Older Zoners will perhaps remember Peter Watkin's fine The war Game (from the 60's, first banned on the Beeb,Which I saw in the 70's ,while a student in Brum. Protect and Survive was the name of that HMG pamphlet I remember it well! :Winking:
How hopelessly ill prepared for a nuclear war the UK was then. Still, no doubt the elite would have been ok, same as now.

If you don't mind a bit of blood and violence, then Gangs of London on Netflix is a good watch. I've only seen the first episode, but great plot and action. Fight scene with the guy in the underpants and wellies.... brutal!!!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back