• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Complete and utter bollocks, as usual.

On the contrary, I remember seeing him solo in Manchester in the mid-70's and that was a much better show than the Simon & Garfunkel reunion concert at Wembley years later.

paul Simon is a consummate musician.Art Garfunkel only has a voice.

On the contrary, I remember seeing him solo in Manchester in the mid-70's and that was a much better show than the Simon & Garfunkel reunion concert at Wembley years later.
Ah yes, how silly of me. I should have known that Paul Simon solo is better than Simon & Garfunkel due to you seeing him solo in Manchester and thinking he was better than when you saw him with Art Garfunkel in London.

Ah yes, how silly of me. I should have known that Paul Simon solo is better than Simon & Garfunkel due to you seeing him solo in Manchester and thinking he was better than when you saw him with Art Garfunkel in London.

FYI,I have every record S & G ever made (on vinyl and cd) and have been a huge fan of theirs ever since I was a schoolboy.In fact,I can remember poring over the lyrics of A Simple Desultory Philippic with a fellow fan (also on SZ).

We certainly didn't know who Lenny Bruce was (at that time).Nor how you could "smoke" a pint of tea.:smiles:

FYI,I have every record S & G ever made (on vinyl and cd)

[video=youtube;eQUw3Js6X0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUw3Js6X0g[/video]

Just watched the Black vs White on BBC2 , great programme and great to see Ian Benjamin at the end .

I watched that last night as well. Shame it didn't feature more of the great man (say, the full hour) and solve the decades long question of who put the ball in the Bury net.
:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Walking Dead.....christ after a barnstorming start this series has been abysmal. Ok, the Saviours are evil, I get it, can you hammer the point home any more?

Walking Dead.....christ after a barnstorming start this series has been abysmal. Ok, the Saviours are evil, I get it, can you hammer the point home any more?

Totally agree it's been pretty weak, but they obviously need to build up the other groups for what I assume will be an assault on the saviours.

Started Narcos series two.

Looks like a step up. Looks like Pablo used to get his clothes from Rosehills as well.

Personally I love the world building stuff, we need more characters to care about. I'm not sure yet how far we'll get with the Negan storyline this season as we're starting to catch up to the comics, which I'm currently re-reading (note this weeks new group are not in the comics).

Didn't see it but caught a trailer - seemed that Tim Roth based his character on the Attenborough version. Original film is superb with John Hurt giving a master class performance.

Yes, you're right about Tim Roth.Timothy.Evans makes his appearance next week.Be interesting to see if it compares favourably with John Hurt's performance.Don't forget Judy Geeson as Mrs Evans in the original either.She was excellent too.

Last edited:
Back