• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

What is this Night Manager all about and what channel is it on? Now I've seen Hugh Laurie mentioned I've got to watch it!

Caught up with the final Deutchland 83 and I thought it was a bit meh...... If there is more, not sure I'll bother.

No, that was the final episode. I can't quite believe I'm the only one watching Spin. Excellent French political drama. Honestly people, you don't know what you're missing.

No, that was the final episode. I can't quite believe I'm the only one watching Spin. Excellent French political drama. Honestly people, you don't know what you're missing.

I thought there was going to be some more leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall? Otherwise how do we find out
  Spoiler:  
who committed suicide
? Can't really see where they'd go with Martin.

Oh and Vinyl is sheer brilliance despite The Nasty Bits being about 4 years too early.

I thought there was going to be some more leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall? Otherwise how do we find out
  Spoiler:  
who committed suicide
? Can't really see where they'd go with Martin.

Oh and Vinyl is sheer brilliance despite The Nasty Bits being about 4 years too early.

Yep really enjoying it, although think you are splitting hairs a bit. Fictional band, is it so hard to imagine some British guys in the US making music like the Dolls or the Stooges just because British punk didn't come until later?

Yep really enjoying it, although think you are splitting hairs a bit. Fictional band, is it so hard to imagine some British guys in the US making music like the Dolls or the Stooges just because British punk didn't come until later?

Pedantic maybe, but as I understand it the NY punk scene toured the UK around 75 and Malcolm Mclaren thought they were too arty, too middle class and just another offshoot of the hippy movement. British Punk was the exact opposite of it, nihilistic and working class, a **** you to the establishment.

Pedantic maybe, but as I understand it the NY punk scene toured the UK around 75 and Malcolm Mclaren thought they were too arty, too middle class and just another offshoot of the hippy movement. British Punk was the exact opposite of it, nihilistic and working class, a **** you to the establishment.

Yeah I get that. The fact that The Nasty bits are British doesn't mean they are part of the UK scene though, the way I choose to interpret it is that they are part of the New York scene just British guys. The fact they are a fictional band means there is no real back story so they are what the writers say they are and at the moment there isn't anything to suggest they didn't start playing this music after they were influenced by it in NY.

Yeah I get that. The fact that The Nasty bits are British doesn't mean they are part of the UK scene though, the way I choose to interpret it is that they are part of the New York scene just British guys. The fact they are a fictional band means there is no real back story so they are what the writers say they are and at the moment there isn't anything to suggest they didn't start playing this music after they were influenced by it in NY.

I think they're trying to pass Jagger's son off as a Rotten/Sid Vicious character. To me, just doesn't feel right - and the band name is awful! But a small point in a great show.

The A Word on the BBC. Can't see what relevance Christopher Ecclestone's storyline has to do with the main story of an autistic boy, seems an awkward fluff filler and the rest of the family were just irritating.

It's no Happy Valley.

Oh and an oddly quietish Walking Dead episode. Guess they're building up for the finale, and last weeks was one of the best, so hard act to follow.

Better call Saul. Decent episode although Kim and Jimmy seem to be caught in Groundhog Day. The Mike stuff was great.

Back