• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Thought it was superb - however not sure British punk and hip hop started in 73.

Punk certainly didn't.

I can remember fellow PGCE students, (not me), seeing The Sex Pistols back in 76/7.

(Though I saw The Clash,Stranglers,Jam,TRB etc just a little later in 77/8).

No idea about hip hop.:cricko:

Punk certainly didn't.

I can remember fellow PGCE students, (not me), seeing The Sex Pistols back in 76/7.

(Though I saw The Clash,Stranglers,Jam,TRB etc just a little later in 77/8).

No idea about hip hop.:cricko:

Had the NY punk scene - Dolls, Ramones, Patti Smith etc but it was entirely different from Pistols - and that the band that Mick Jagger's son is portraying. Hip Hop surfaced 79/80.

Thought it was superb - however not sure British punk and hip hop started in 73.

Kool DJ Herc is accredited as the 'godfather' of Hip Hop, back in the early 70s he started using two records and cutting the break or breakbeats to form a rhythm - his first official gig was in 73 but had DJed using breakbeats prior to this at his sisters parties in the Bronx. Basically hip hop grew from
there, with Herc playing breaks and a rapper adding the lyrics, the rest they say....

been into Hip Hop since the early 80s - all
the best tunes are pre-1995 - stuff nowadays is cheap
immitation IMHO

Give me a bit of Public Enemy, Eric B, Ultramagnetic, Beastie Boys, EPMD, KRS One anyday - classics

i digress...

anyone watch Scrappers? It's hilarious, the main scrap dealer looks like PB, same orange glow :-)

It's an odd one in the way it uses real artists but uses a lot of artistic licence,
  Spoiler:  
like the dolls played that venue that collapsed but not at the time it collapsed like portrayed in vinyl. I dont really think it detracts that much as its all pretty far fetched and I think the actors are having a riot playing up the rock stars to almost caricature levels, certainly in the case of Robert Plant and Alice Cooper.

Kool DJ Herc is accredited as the 'godfather' of Hip Hop, back in the early 70s he started using two records and cutting the break or breakbeats to form a rhythm - his first official gig was in 73 but had DJed using breakbeats prior to this at his sisters parties in the Bronx. Basically hip hop grew from
there, with Herc playing breaks and a rapper adding the lyrics, the rest they say....

been into Hip Hop since the early 80s - all
the best tunes are pre-1995 - stuff nowadays is cheap
immitation IMHO

Give me a bit of Public Enemy, Eric B, Ultramagnetic, Beastie Boys, EPMD, KRS One anyday - classics

i digress...

anyone watch Scrappers? It's hilarious, the main scrap dealer looks like PB, same orange glow :-)

Re hip-hop, yes the golden age was great, although I would have gone for ATCQ, De La, Pharcyde, J5, Ice T, the Biz, Cube, etc etc. (Although EPMD are still my number one).

But some of the new stuff is great and innovative - Action Bronson, Kendrick Lamar, Lyrics Born (although he's been going for a while). Some of the new soul as well coming out samples and references some of the 90s hip hop, like Thundercat, Kamasi Washington, The Internet.

ps you can't have Eric B without Rakim (like eggs without chips)

Even better close up and personal.

I can imagine. The calf was breach, so they had some hand crank gadget to pull it out of the cow, plus the farmer got his hand up there too. Others pulled on the legs like a tug-o-war and when it came out they had to bash it about, give it mouth-to-mouth and tip it upside down as it's airways were full of gunk. I shared their relief when it started breathing on it's own.

If it had died, it was £30K down the drain!

I can imagine. The calf was breach, so they had some hand crank gadget to pull it out of the cow, plus the farmer got his hand up there too. Others pulled on the legs like a tug-o-war and when it came out they had to bash it about, give it mouth-to-mouth and tip it upside down as it's airways were full of gunk. I shared their relief when it started breathing on it's own.

If it had died, it was £30K down the drain!

Been there done done that with the pulling and the cranking and I've also cut one out through the side wall

Finale of Happy Valley was superb last night, won't say anymore in case others have recorded it... Hopefully series 3 to come soon !

Finale of Happy Valley was superb last night, won't say anymore in case others have recorded it... Hopefully series 3 to come soon !

Indeed, very understated by so, so good. Definitely a S3 please Auntie.

Edit: On BBC Breakfast this morning, the writer & director confirmed S3, but only after a few years gap. Wondering maybe when Ryan is a teenager?

Last edited:
Better Call Saul.

Great series so far but the last episode was pure filler.

Yeah the middle realllly dragged but the ending was excellent. I mentioned a while back that it's Mike, not Jimmy, who's keeping the interest up in this season. Jimmy was almost a supporting character in the latest episode he only seemed to be in it for 2 minutes and that was just for some light comedy.

Back