• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which was great. Will dip into more le Carre's.

Just started on Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

Ha! He's always been able to spin a good yarn.Doesn't rate us too highly as a club though.:sad:

Was there ever a suggestion that Bobby Moore might have taken him to Roots Hall when he got the Southend gig? I know 'arry was an assistant to Moore at Oxford City...

I'm currently reading 'Racing Hard' a collection of articles from The Guardian and The Observer by their excellent cycling correspondent William Fotheringham. Loads of great stuff in here, particularly on the development of Great Britain as a top cycling nation (in terms of sport rather than for everyday folk).

read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which was great. Will dip into more le Carre's.

Just started on Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

If you like Le Carre then try some Fredrick Forsyth as well. Dogs of War is a good starting point and you might come across a ex member of this board.

If you like Le Carre then try some Fredrick Forsyth as well. Dogs of War is a good starting point and you might come across a ex member of this board.

yeah I've read a few Forsyth's before. I'm getting the train a lot more now and invested in a kindle. So any recommendations, please let me know! Especially cheap ones!

yeah I've read a few Forsyth's before. I'm getting the train a lot more now and invested in a kindle. So any recommendations, please let me know! Especially cheap ones!

If you've already come across the site below then apologies. If not, I find it really useful to catch up on authors I already read, and also I can see new stuff coming through:

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/

I am reading Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series which really should have been called his wizard detectives series, because that's basically what it is. It's wizard detectives. And that's every bit as awesome as it sounds. And this is the first time I've posted on SZ in years. And the first time ever with my real name. That's how much I like it.

I am reading Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series which really should have been called his wizard detectives series, because that's basically what it is. It's wizard detectives. And that's every bit as awesome as it sounds. And this is the first time I've posted on SZ in years. And the first time ever with my real name. That's how much I like it.
Welcome back Iain!

Welcome back Iain!

Happy to be back, sir! My day job has kept me from Southend since 2007 and I drifted away from the board because I wasn't ever getting to see them play. But my working circumstances have changed a bit now and I have some glorious scouting software than enables me to at least catch up on games afterwards. So I'm coming back in. With my real name because I need to earn back my green.

Happy to be back, sir! My day job has kept me from Southend since 2007 and I drifted away from the board because I wasn't ever getting to see them play. But my working circumstances have changed a bit now and I have some glorious scouting software than enables me to at least catch up on games afterwards. So I'm coming back in. With my real name because I need to earn back my green.

So very 2014. All about "likes" now bud. Welcome back!

I'm reading a series on-line about this idiot blogger's attempt to manage Everton on Champ Manager 01/02.

Idiot blogger may be a bit harsh as he actually writes quite well but as a manager he's making me re-evaluate my opinion of PB, such is his penchant for signing crap and unnecessarily switching formations.

What makes it worse is that I know him (or at least use to know him before he got too big time for us). Funny thing is I think he use to be a Champ Manager obsessive, so no idea how come he is this terrible at the game.

(FWIW I'm two and a half seasons in with Southend and have them top of League One and reigning LDV holders and after inheriting a £4m blackhole I'm now sitting on a £9m warchest)

Third in the table, muddy funster. Third in the table.

http://thesetpieces.com/games/cm0102-the-return-december-05/

I'm reading a series on-line about this idiot blogger's attempt to manage Everton on Champ Manager 01/02.

Idiot blogger may be a bit harsh as he actually writes quite well but as a manager he's making me re-evaluate my opinion of PB, such is his penchant for signing crap and unnecessarily switching formations.

What makes it worse is that I know him (or at least use to know him before he got too big time for us). Funny thing is I think he use to be a Champ Manager obsessive, so no idea how come he is this terrible at the game.

(FWIW I'm two and a half seasons in with Southend and have them top of League One and reigning LDV holders and after inheriting a £4m blackhole I'm now sitting on a £9m warchest)

The Camden Cad returns. About bloody time.

Back