• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are you reading?

0/10 for originality or high brow-ness (?) here but I've just started the first Dick Francis novel, Dead Cert. Good old fashioned page turner.

Good to have you back sir!

(Although Linvoy Primus is a terrible signing - he's 32! You've got to go young in this game, they improve in skills and appreciate in value whilst old players depreciate and cost loads in wages. Have you not got scouts scouring the country for youth players?)

Signed purely for numbers. He'll never play, but he's stopped everyone else from being unhappy. Just by being Linvoy, I'd imagine. He's the nicest man on earth.

In the last 1/2 months I have read all 3 (plus the novella) Reckoners novels by Brandon Sanderson, the Mistborn trilogy by the same author and have started and am about halfway through The Painted Man by Peter V Brett. All very good books.

I am reading Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series which really should have been called his wizard detectives series, because that's basically what it is. It's wizard detectives. And that's every bit as awesome as it sounds. And this is the first time I've posted on SZ in years. And the first time ever with my real name. That's how much I like it.

Great to have you back Iain, always enjoyed the ramblings of the great slipperduke.

Anyone read Bobby Robson's book? I'm about 20% of the way through and just read that the first club to offer him a job in management was none other than...... Southend United!

Anyone read Bobby Robson's book? I'm about 20% of the way through and just read that the first club to offer him a job in management was none other than...... Southend United!

Yeah, I think I've read the one you mean (there've been several).He didn't have all that much to say about his season in charge of Barça, when he won the Cup Winnners Cup and Spanish Cup but got booted out (ie put in charge of scouting) at the end of his first season because his team finished second to Real Madrid.Still that's Barça for you!

Found a few of my old Tintin books in the loft the other day so am rediscovering some of them. The Castafiore Emerald - dull as ditch water. Flight 714 to Sydney - much more like it.

Got the new Wisden the other day, always enjoyable to dip in and out of that. Some lovely pieces on Richie Benaud in particular.

And what should arrive last night but 'Roots To The 92'. Looking forward to getting stuck in to that .

Found a few of my old Tintin books in the loft the other day so am rediscovering some of them. The Castafiore Emerald - dull as ditch water. Flight 714 to Sydney - much more like it.

Got the new Wisden the other day, always enjoyable to dip in and out of that. Some lovely pieces on Richie Benaud in particular.

And what should arrive last night but 'Roots To The 92'. Looking forward to getting stuck in to that

Looking forward to it arriving in SC.

I have two on the go
The monuments, the history of europes one day classics and the Reg Harris bio.
next in the queue is Lucky Johnny, the footballer who survived the River Kai camps

Back