• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are you reading?

Should probably read The Scorch Trials before I see the film Monday...

Also been rereading Charlie Higson's The Enemy series and Ben Aaranovitch's PC Grant series before the next (last in Enemy's case) books come out in the next month or so. Kids v zombie adults and Harry Potter meets the Fuzz. Who says my Fridays are boring?

Has anyone read Sir A Fergie's new book yet? I am so very anti Manure/Premshite that I am struggling against reading it; and at the same time also knowing that AF does, often, know his stuff and is likely to be interesting.
Any reports on the book please.

Matt Dickinson's Bobby Moore biography - still early days (in the book he has just made his first XI debut) but already looks like it'll be a cracker. First mention of our chum Brian Dear already ticked off too :smile:

Matt Dickinson's Bobby Moore biography - still early days (in the book he has just made his first XI debut) but already looks like it'll be a cracker. First mention of our chum Brian Dear already ticked off too :smile:
The FA should be ashamed the way that Bobby was treated .

Started Luggy last night,Paul Sturrock's autobiography.

OK it's a pretty light read and there's only one (fairly predictable) chapter on us but it's still worth looking at.

All SUFC fans owe Luggy a huge debt for taking over only ten days before the season started, with just four registered players when we dropped into L2 and also for getting us to that JPT Final at Wembley.:thumbsup:

Started Luggy last night,Paul Sturrock's autobiography.

OK it's a pretty light read and there's only one (fairly predictable) chapter on us but it's still worth looking at.

All SUFC fans owe Luggy a huge debt for taking over only ten days before the season started, with just four registered players when we dropped into L2 and also for getting us to that JPT Final at Wembley.:thumbsup:

Still baffles me that there is so much disdain around for Luggy. He did a fine job for us.

And that's not an invitation to turn this thread in to a debate about the merits or otherwise of Paul Sturrock's tenure at the club!

Mr Men in London is great fun if you've got small children who are in to Mr Men. My two adore it. (As do I)

Last edited:
The Aeronaut's Windlass, Jim Butcher.

Not far in (it only arrived yesterday despite being pre-ordered in March for a Tuesday delivery because my postie's a dick) but I'm looking forward to this. Butcher's mental, his books are brilliant. I mean, I've bought 22 of them now so you'd hope I liked him. And 5/6 of them I've bought twice.

Only got til Tuesday to finish this before the next Riordan comes out. Can't wait for that either.

I am going to be settling down to read Go set a Watchman (which I had passed on to me today) within the next few weeks courtesy of a very generous gesture by TUIB - cheers! :thumbsup:

Skyfaring: A Journey with a Pilot by Mark Vanhoenacker

Memoirs and musings of a 747 pilot.

It's great.

Enjoying Bill Bryson's The Road to Little Dribbling.His "sequel" twenty years on to "Notes from a small Island".

Loved this:-"Today the fastest train to the west,from Paddington to Penzance,takes five and a half hours to travel 280 miles,at an average speed of about 50 miles and hour....It is like rigor mortis with scenery".

About to start Warriors of the Storm, the ninth book in the Warrior Chronicles/Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. I really hope the Beeb don't nause up The last Kingdom on BB2 next week. The series has been drawn from the books.

Back