• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, boring on about a one MP party yet strangely silent on why the opposition are still in opposition. I wonder why that is.

This, to me is the most intriguing element post election. Scotland I can understand, DUP and Plaid Cymru I can understand. On the face of it the defection to UKIP was not from the centre right but from the centre and left of centre. I'm sure that is over-simplifying election results but there can be no denying a trend. I did see swings towards UKIP in Tory strongholds. Anyone care to provide insights ?

No idea, but there was actually a small swing to Labour in England, it just wasn't consistent.

No idea, but there was actually a small swing to Labour in England, it just wasn't consistent.
On ORM's point take Castle Point as example, Rebecca Harris actually increased her majority despite UKIP not standing in 2010 election, the extra votes came from both Labour and Lib Dems.

Labour actually lost the election in England and Wales not Scotland as this had no bearing on the overall vote. There are 59 seats in Scotland and the Cons have one as they did previously. So whoever the other 58 went to would have made no odds.

The swing to Labour was only really in their safe seats. In the majority of the key marginals the swing was actually to the Tories.

Normally I can remember the names of maybe the top 4/5 main players for political parties. In the case of UKIP, after Farage I'm struggling. Maybe that's why he's back in.

Normally I can remember the names of maybe the top 4/5 main players for political parties. In the case of UKIP, after Farage I'm struggling. Maybe that's why he's back in.

Give me 4/5 names from the Greens. Bet you can't and the reason for that is other than what you read in the paper or watch on the news, you have absolutely no interest in UKIP or, I'm betting The Greens. Chuck 4/5 Lib Dems who held their seats in there as well, lets see how many of those you get.

Give me 4/5 names from the Greens. Bet you can't and the reason for that is other than what you read in the paper or watch on the news, you have absolutely no interest in UKIP or, I'm betting The Greens. Chuck 4/5 Lib Dems who held their seats in there as well, lets see how many of those you get.

Woah, have I run over your cat and don't know yet? The point I was clumsily trying to make was that during the election campaign the only UKIP face I seemed to see was Farage. I briefly saw an interview of a UKIP lady at the manifesto launch but I don't have a clue what her name was. You're right about the Greens, although I could probably do the Lib Dem list.

Much easier to name 4/5 who lost their seats.

Ha smiley face winking face fecking bored face,is this not true of your beloved and not in power Labour party,david stabs Ed so on so on.
All politics is bollocks.

How come you're a right-winger then?

To answer your question, Labour (and the Lib/Dems) have (so far) run model leadership campaigns after electoral defeat.

Especially compared with UKIP's farce of a resignation that wasn't and now a blatant power struggle/ attempted coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back