• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Did he add anything when he was here last?
He's the perfect sort of backup player, Management obviously like him and remember that away game (Boreham Wood?) when he basically turned into Zidane - so he's got something in him.

I wouldnt hate it.

He's the perfect sort of backup player, Management obviously like him and remember that away game (Boreham Wood?) when he basically turned into Zidane - so he's got something in him.

I wouldnt hate it.

He showed some real promise at times and at others looked far from being what we had hoped.

I liked Dackers and was one of the small section of fans that stuck up for him last season. However, even I would be slightly disappointed if we were to sign Dackers when we've been linked to the likes of Tshimanga. That's not going to bring us the extra goals and conversion rate we need.

If we were to sign him and then use some of the extra wages (he can't be on that much) to use towards another CAM like Moncur, then I'd be happier.

Think I have the goalkeeper. Was given six names and only one of them is at a League One club, but wonā€™t name him.

Striker, Iā€™m not sure. From the wording, I guess he used to play National League but doesnā€™t anymore. Obviously Tshimanga fits the bill, but CP seems to be saying no. Will do some digging around. Others have mentioned Dalby who would fit the bill, would love him back, but not sure thatā€™s doable.
Dalby is way better than NL now surely.

Others have mentioned Cheek but even if we ignore the wages, surely he has earned his chance to play in league 2. He won't want to give that up and with Bromley's tight budget, they'd find it hard to find a replacement.

Connor Wilkinson maybe? Not featured much up the a12
No Conor will be leaving us he hasnā€™t even trained during pre season but still has a year on his 18 month deal, he just isnā€™t part of the Cowley's plans. Danny has said they are trying to sort something out for him to leave and find another club, but obviously donā€™t want to pay up his full years contract. I think he was told he could leave a few months ago at the end of last season, poor bloke only arrived in January and we paid a fee for him too!

I did wonder if Conor Wilkinson was someone weā€™d be looking at - he had a very good spell in this league with Dagenham a few years back.

Who ever Kevin brings in im sure he willonly bring in players that would complment the squad we allready have .Only time will tell . But i guess one player to sign is allready training with the first team squad .

You can tell when fans do not know any other players other than ex players of Southend, although that may have been ingrained in people's mind due to managers like Phil Brown, where signing ex-players was a common thing.

We're probably going to sign players we've not heard of or seen, the likeliness of us signing an ex-player is highly unlikely unless its within reason and worth.

Back