• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I seem to recall it is 'lower than last season's'

But its never been clarified if that is lower than actual spend or lower than the budget last season. Due to the long embargo I'd hope our actual spend was relatively low so it'd be worrying if budget was lower than that this season
One thing is for sure COSU will not spend money that isn't affordable. We need to remember that at the moment the only Income we have is any Sponsorship money. Things will obviously change quickly, when Season Tickets are on sale., but can't see us paying silly money or wages. The days of that happening are in the past.

Have the consortium ever actually officially stated that the budget is going to be lower than it has been? Canā€™t say I remember seeing it anywhere other than posters randomly saying it on here?

Anyone know what is happening with Demi? Was last year his last season and now moved FT into coaching?

Has he been seen running or standing with hands on hips with a whistle?

Have the consortium ever actually officially stated that the budget is going to be lower than it has been? Canā€™t say I remember seeing it anywhere other than posters randomly saying it on here?
Didn't Kev say it in an interview somewhere/echo - can't quite recall but relatively certain it was a public comment from a member of staff/consortium

Anyone know what is happening with Demi? Was last year his last season and now moved FT into coaching?

Was seen in the video when the players was at Kingswood. Seems to be doing all the pre season training as a player so far

With Powell and Wes having both departed I think we'll need more like 5 or 6 new signings.
Yes and that will only get to 19 or 20 in the squad where 18 now represents the match day squad. A couple of injuries and a suspension and you canā€™t fill the bench !!! And given you can use 5 if you donā€™t fill the bench you are potentially ceding an advantage to those that canā€¦.
However, I think we can get say 3 good signings that can potential make the first 11 day 1 plus say 5 you are great potential from the lower leagues.

Well re hasnā€™t retired as far as Iā€™m aware, and based on how he was performing end of last season why would he. Be crazy for him to be here as a coach and for him not to be registered and part of the squad- especially given 7 subs.

Yes what's the budget and now also 1st team squad size now there's 5 subs , 20--22 + 2 loanees?

Definitely going to be a coach. I think it probably depends how the player recruitment goes before deciding whether they need him as a player or not.

So I'm guessing we don't have anyone ready to sign and we were just waiting for embargo to be lifted for them to sign officially? (Eg players training with us)

Back