• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
McCallum hasnā€™t gone anywhere yet

Just can't see it happening but you never know.

I guess it will come down to how ambitious the consortium are.

Personally, I think they wont go for high earners but exciting raw lower level players.

Tishimanga would be a good signing but I'm not sure he fits our profile. He had a huge injury and hasn't been the same since. Posh will also want a fee and he will want high wages. We've been down this kind of road before.

The issue with Tshimanga is that he had quite a bad injury. If heā€™s properly over that heā€™d be an amazing signing. If however heā€™s lost half a step heā€™s probably on quite high wages when we need to reign in spending and live within our means.

This is one where Iā€™d wish I had a little more confidence in our medical team and olā€™ healing hands.

Just can't see it happening but you never know.

I guess it will come down to how ambitious the consortium are.

Personally, I think they wont go for high earners but exciting raw lower level players.

Tishimanga would be a good signing but I'm not sure he fits our profile. He had a huge injury and hasn't been the same since. Posh will also want a fee and he will want high wages. We've been down this kind of road before.
I agree with your assessment. I think Tshimanga would be a high risk signing on many fronts. There would seem be to a lot more promising and less expensive alternatives available.

I guess on loan (Tshimanga) would be an option and suit all partiesā€¦puts him back in the shop window and no wages risk for us

Brad Dolaghan wasnā€™t named in the Worthing side today, heā€™s looking for a club, scores goals for fun, still young, had a trial with Blackpool last seasonā€¦
Really interesting suggestion, Napster. Hopefully, John Still knows all about Dolaghan's potential.

Two other strikers - both at South Shields - might be considered. I have already mentioned one - Paul Blackett (who scored 30 goals last season in the same league Danny Waldron played in last season) - but it is another young striker, 23 year old Sam Hodgson, highly rated and spent much of last season out on loan at Morpeth Town (where he scored 25 goals) who might be easier to sign and, like Dolaghan, offer competition to Cardwell and Waldron.

Almost three pages in. Surely time for Matt Lockwood?
I can confirm Matt is looking for a new role....

However having moved into management with Montserrat (albeit for a short duration) and being based in Edinburgh he is unlikely to put his boots on again and especially.move back to essex. Probably more likely to join your golf team!

On that note if you're ever looking to play golf in Scotland look him up. He runs a golf holiday company.

Back