• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a position we need strengthening in really?
Why not? Ralph a bit injury prone and not a natural CB......Taylor arguably not a natural CB.......Kensdale likely attracting attention from higher up.......Kev likes 3 at the back, so should probably have 5 options there, perhaps even 6 with 7 subs on the bench and the ability to bring 5 on.

Yes. We lost Lomas, Ralph is not always going to be fit the whole season and as Kev likes 3 at the back you need cover.
Didn't we also signed Crowther though? I'm sure what order LL leaving and AC arriving was but you could argue LL was replaced.
Why not? Ralph a bit injury prone and not a natural CB......Taylor arguably not a natural CB.......Kensdale likely attracting attention from higher up.......Kev likes 3 at the back, so should probably have 5 options there, perhaps even 6 with 7 subs on the bench and the ability to bring 5 on.
I agree. The squad definitely isn't set in stone and there are a number of players you could justifiably move up the ladder. An extra player here or there might seem like surplus to begin with but you never know and it's JS and KM job to have a contingency plan. Hopefully a proactive one.

I really like how our defence would look if we can bring Gubbins in:
RCB: Taylor, Crowther
CCB: Kensdale, (Crowther)
LCB: Ralph, Gubbins

Ralph can also cover Bridge at LWB, and if we brought someone in who can cover both wing-back roles (we definitely need to sign someone to cover GSM) we’d have excellent depth in defence.

Not sure Ralph can play LWB when Bridge is fit, they get in each others way! He can certainly cover there and so it makes perfect sense to get a back up LCB.
Sorry I meant I prefer him to Bridge, controversial to some I suppose but I think he whips a decent ball in 1st time…I know people will say about assists from Bridge, but we don’t know how many Ralph would create

I asked @OffTheLineBlog on Twitter (X) for potential signings for us now the embargo is lifted and these are his suggestions.

View attachment 32683

One of those names is definitely on the whiteboard, I won’t say which.

If you’re on Twitter, he is well worth a follow.
James Holden - ex Bury, Reading, and Cambridge - has played in League 2 and was on loan with a couple of NL clubs a couple of years ago. An excellent shot stopper who would fit into the Team very well.

Given we aren’t supposed to negotiate new signings whilst under embargo? It would probably be good etiquette to leave a few days to announce signings even if they are “done” (although not obviously)
Do we not have a player training with us while waiting for the embargo to be lifted?

Also I wonder if we retain any interest in Shiloh Remy who according to info I had (not sure how accurate - ITKs let me know) was extremely close to signing for us at one point. Didn't take off at daggers but I think a very talented player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back