• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Exactly this . Whilst I agree that Moncur is a good addition I must admit that I have been slightly disappointed with his lack of quality when shooting . he has had a number of great chances in the last two games but doesn’t appear to have the confidence to put his foot through the ball. Noor also is a pretty passing player but seems to panic when he sees the whites of the goalposts .. perhaps in this new way of playing football midfielders don’t shoot anymore …..
This is what they were saying on Match of the Day 2 yesterday, that a lot of managers don't encourage it. I can never understand this, particularly when there's a strong wind or gale blowing behind and it's not so difficult to get a good shot on target from 30 yards or more.

We've never had a decent set piece taker under Maher thats the main problem, so lack of goals from them both direct and indirect. No one seems capable of unleashing a decent long range striker either. A lot of teams at this level prioritise set pieces.

I don’t believe there is.

However, I struggle to see him staying beyond January at this rate. The EFL beckons for him.
This is sadly true. It would be criminal for him to be a NL player next season, let's be honest.

Brilliant player, but more than that, fantastic attitude too. That is priceless in a player and further proof to the type of profile the club wants.

Any sound bites on potential signings?

I don’t believe there is.

However, I struggle to see him staying beyond January at this rate. The EFL beckons for him.
Agreed. GSM is probably a League One player right now. Our only hope is we get a decent fee and Wind turns out to be a useful replacement.

Somewhere like Peterborough might be good for all parties. They have a nose for a non-league gem, seem to pay well and a lot go on to be sold for good money (Nice sell-on clause for us)

Agreed. GSM is probably a League One player right now. Our only hope is we get a decent fee and Wind turns out to be a useful replacement.

Somewhere like Peterborough might be good for all parties. They have a nose for a non-league gem, seem to pay well and a lot go on to be sold for good money (Nice sell-on clause for us)
At 27 I don't believe he fits their age profile. They like to sign players in the 20-24 age bracket who they feel will hold better re-sale value.

A move to someone like Wrexham,Charlton or Rotherham would be much more likely imo.

Thought Collin was bought to our attention by Tilly but never came through our academy..
He was brought to our attention by Tilly as a 17year old and played for both our academy and u23s.

E.g. this is him lining up for the u18s alongside Oli Coker and Charlie Sayers (Kenny Coker and Jaden Crowhurst also made first team appearances)

Never mind GSM might not be here after Jan. The rate it's going neither will Kev, Darren or Mark
They've unequivocally earned this full season. With the squad growing, and once injuries return and we have a viable bench, only then we can make proper judgement.

I'm of the mind we've been poor this season, but unless we're seriously in a relegation battle, they deserve every chance to build their squad and play their football.

Back