• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Once the EFL window closes are clubs still allowed to sell / loan players out or is it a complete standstill ? From memory they just canā€™t buy anymore players but can still sell / loan
We're waiting for the window to close specifically because EFL clubs can then only offload players that are surplus to requirements to non-league.

So,

Walker out for what could be a long time
Waldron knee injury time out unknown
Miley??
Coker in a protective boot
Kensdale misconduct unlikely to play again.

Replacements needed urgently but we will be checking character, blood type, family history etc etc

So,

Walker out for what could be a long time
Waldron knee injury time out unknown
Miley??
Coker in a protective boot
Kensdale misconduct unlikely to play again.

Replacements needed urgently but we will be checking character, blood type, family history etc etc
Bit of an exaggeration there, mate.

I think people really need to get their heads around the fact that we won't just go out and panic sign any old footballer. We don't have the money to waste.

Maher wants a certain type of personality to fit in, and it's fairly obvious (at least to me) that the players at the top of his list are currently playing in the EFL, and he's holding on because he believes he has a chance of landing them after the transfer window shuts.

It's a little bumpy right now (although have to keep telling myself how much worse it could be, lest I get sucked in by the meltdowns on here), but a little patience and trust wouldn't go amiss. They've earned that, at least. Leave them to try to land their top targets rather than settling.

Good, heā€™s been poor since January and will bring in some cash which is what our recruitment model is set up to do. Also we are well stocked at centre half, maybe use the loan market to get his cover in or maybe even thereā€™s a space for Brooklyn to come back
Funny you say that, I think we've really missed him whilst he's been out. I think he's pretty important to the way we play. Generally comfortable with the ball at feet, at passing and at stepping/driving out of defence to link to midfield. We've missed that.

Will be needing to search for a particular type of centre back to replace him, imo.

Funny you say that, I think we've really missed him whilst he's been out. I think he's pretty important to the way we play. Generally comfortable with the ball at feet, at passing and at stepping/driving out of defence to link to midfield. We've missed that.

Will be needing to search for a particular type of centre back to replace him, imo.
I agree, and this news came just as I was working on a Kensdale player analysis article!

I agree in terms of his ball playing ability, heā€™s probably the best we have but heā€™s liable to overplay at times and he was responsible for a fair few goals towards the back end of last season, namely Rochdale. I think heā€™s replaceable.

I agree.

Kensdale sets the tone with how we play. Crowther doesnā€™t look as comfortable on the ball as Kens does.

Bit of an exaggeration there, mate.

I think people really need to get their heads around the fact that we won't just go out and panic sign any old footballer. We don't have the money to waste.

Maher wants a certain type of personality to fit in, and it's fairly obvious (at least to me) that the players at the top of his list are currently playing in the EFL, and he's holding on because he believes he has a chance of landing them after the transfer window shuts.

It's a little bumpy right now (although have to keep telling myself how much worse it could be, lest I get sucked in by the meltdowns on here), but a little patience and trust wouldn't go amiss. They've earned that, at least. Leave them to try to land their top targets rather than settling.

Maybe

But the fact remains that we were still 3 players short and are now likely 6 players short

Maybe

But the fact remains that we were still 3 players short and are now likely 6 players short

But we wonā€™t just sign anyone because we are desperate. Kev isnā€™t ****ed at 3 in the morning, kebab in hand, scrambling around for someone to go home with.

Kev is still making enquires and putting his moves to work on various targets.

Gus hasn't caught Kensdales illness so should be here until at least January. I'm sure quite a few clubs were gutted he signed a new contract.
Didn't realise i had missed the quotation marks from the "illness" but the news that has broke has confirmed my source in that he won't be playing for this club again.

Now i took that as another club had come in for him and the illness was a cover whilst contracts / replacements were sorted. Possibly should have asked for the reason as to why but if my source wanted to tell me full ins and outs they would have told me then and there.

Back