• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Doubt we'll go back there given the way he left.

Plenty of other options available once the EFL deadline shuts I would imagine but suspect we'll have to use the loan market more than Kev would usually like.
I was being sarcastic, hence the winking emoji

Apologies, need to have more coffee!
Yeah, there is no need to go down that road - I suspect there are plenty of options out there.

At least we can stop chatting just about attacking midfielders and forwards, and can focus on a defender ā˜ŗļø

So,

Walker out for what could be a long time
Waldron knee injury time out unknown
Miley??
Coker in a protective boot
Kensdale misconduct unlikely to play again.

Replacements needed urgently but we will be checking character, blood type, family history etc etc

This needs some context.. are we talking about after Christmas or even longer? Or are you just guessing?

I agree,

Kensdale sets the tone with how we play. Crowther doesnā€™t look as comfortable on the ball as Kens does.
Time for Crowther to step up; as they say a crisis is also an opportunity.
If he improves he can be a force and I am sure he was not signed because we believed he was anything near the finished product.
Of course, if I, even Boy Wonder, or, the great John Still could accurately predict how much players will improve and when that would take place, I suspect we would be employed elsewhere

I'm cynically hoping Kensdale is trying to force a move through rather than anything more serious.

I like the lad but if he wants to go I'd be happy to see what we could get for him. No point keeping people about who will mess up the team spirit

Time for Crowther to step up; as they say a crisis is also an opportunity.
If he improves he can be a force and I am sure he was not signed because we believed he was anything near the finished product.
Of course, if I, even Boy Wonder, or, the great John Still could accurately predict how much players will improve and when that would take place, I suspect we would be employed elsewhere

Iā€™m quietly confident that Crowther, or indeed Gubbins, will step up and the loss of Kensdale wonā€™t be felt as bad.

Again, this is another sign of the future planning that Kev is trying to implement with our squad. Just like having a Gus replacement in Wind, we had Crowther and added Gubbins in the summer for the envitable departure of one of our starting centre backs.

Iā€™m quietly confident that Crowther, or indeed Gubbins, will step up and the loss of Kensdale wonā€™t be felt as bad.

Again, this is another sign of the future planning that Kev is trying to implement with our squad. Just like having a Gus replacement in Wind, we had Crowther and added Gubbins in the summer for the envitable departure of one of our starting centre backs.
Gubbins for me is the one I would like to see play there. Looks a very accomplished player for this level in my eyes and game time will bring confidence (I hope).

Gubbins for me is the one I would like to see play there. Looks a very accomplished player for this level in my eyes and game time will bring confidence (I hope).
I was really buzzing when we signing Crowther to be fair, great size, scored goals and seemed a presence. He just needs to get back to fitness.

However, I do feel Gubbins is better suited to the middle of a three. He doesn't seem to have the pace or passing range to play in the Ralph role.

Either way, playing in the middle of Taylor and Ralph is a fantastic opportunity for any defender at our level.

Back