• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
So Adarkwa’s “tight hamstring” remains “tight” as Wealdstone hold out no doubt for better offers.
Moncur and Tshimanaga train with the kids if they train at all as their clubs fantasise that a club they are prepared to go to will come in and pick up a large slice of the over inflated salaries they awarded them in the first place.
The trouble is we are not just looking to bring players in, but being very ambitious about the quality we want to bring in.
Not sure I see quality over quantity, and being fussy as negatives at all. But very frustrating.
Didn’t Kev say on Sat we hoped to progress a couple over the weekend and by this evening originally? And then CP has reported that’s now unlikely? Or am I dreaming the former?

So Adarkwa’s “tight hamstring” remains “tight” as Wealdstone hold out no doubt for better offers.
Moncur and Tshimanaga train with the kids if they train at all as their clubs fantasise that a club they are prepared to go to will come in and pick up a large slice of the over inflated salaries they awarded them in the first place.
The trouble is we are not just looking to bring players in, but being very ambitious about the quality we want to bring in.
Not sure I see quality over quantity, and being fussy as negatives at all. But very frustrating.
Didn’t Kev say on Sat we hoped to progress a couple over the weekend and by this evening originally? And then CP has reported that’s now unlikely? Or am I dreaming the former?
That is correct.

And Maher is keen to help that happen by making new signings.

Speaking immediately after Saturday's 0-0 draw at Hartlepool United, the 47-year-old said: "We’ve got a game on Tuesday and over the weekend hopefully we’d like something to happen, but you never know until it’s done."

That is correct.

And Maher is keen to help that happen by making new signings.

Speaking immediately after Saturday's 0-0 draw at Hartlepool United, the 47-year-old said: "We’ve got a game on Tuesday and over the weekend hopefully we’d like something to happen, but you never know until it’s done."

Sounds to me like Kevin Maher is being very ungrateful surely he must realise we very nearly didn't have a club to support 3 months ago, so by way of that should be grateful he gets to put 11 out on the pitch each week

Word on the street is this injury is genuine.

That comes from a pretty reliable source.

Now of course it could be a ruse, but there seems very little reason to doubt it as it stands. We continue to watch this space, I guess

Sounds to me like Kevin Maher is being very ungrateful surely he must realise we very nearly didn't have a club to support 3 months ago, so by way of that should be grateful he gets to put 11 out on the pitch each week
Well, No.

Kev isn't a fan who wants things because he likes them.

Regardless of what did or didn't happen, Kev would have been given his objectives for the season. A list of targets for him to reach that will ultimately decide his roll at the club.

We have no idea what his objectives are and regardless of the fact that we could have gone under, Kev is speaking like a man that has been tasked with bringing success to the club.

The fact that he is openly saying we are trying to bring in players etc tells me that regardless of the money at our disposal, the board have asked for a playoff push and both the board and kev will know that we are currently a few bodies short of that.

Kev has a job to do and if he fails, he loses that job. So in my opinion he has every right to question the tools he is given if it means he can't do the job he's been asked to do

Word on the street is this injury is genuine.

That comes from a pretty reliable source.

Now of course it could be a ruse, but there seems very little reason to doubt it as it stands. We continue to watch this space, I guess
Seems he may be injured, but how badly is another question I guess. Also, that may or may not be irrelevant to the question of whether we are actively bidding for him at the moment. Both could be true... As you say, watch this space...

Some very interesting names on that list…
If we were to sign a midfielder called Hoddle there would definitely be a meltdown on here! An armada of HMS <insert here> the leagues would all leave the harbour.

On the other hand, Hoddle and Moncur might mean we need to say grace before kick off every home match so its not all good news.

Back