• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
The only observation I would make is if both are still on their individual clubs books when the EFL window shuts then arguably it maybe those clubs who have to be realistic and take the best they can get! It's just if we are in a position to be that option then rather than now.
I completely agree and backs up what has already been said on this thread.
If we get to the EFL Window shutting and neither has moved by being sold or a beneficial loan then we could be in play for either or both.
We have a competitive squad when all are fit and healthy but it's a long season and injuries and suspensions will need covering.

Well, I wonder how the Shrimper faithful would feel if we sold Scott-Morriss and Colin to a League 2 EFL club for, say £200k each? It has not happened yet, as we could not let anyone go, but now we may and the signing of George Wind as a young RWB as maybe a nod towards that happening?
I can't speak for the fanbase as whole but if we did decide to cash in on 1 of our players ie Scott Morris I probably wouldn't mind it as long it's invested in improving the team going forward.

Probably just needs the club media team do 20 minute interview with Justin so he can outline his vision for Southend united medium to long term then post it on social media channels to give the wider fanbase and insight into the club future going forward.
This. It’s baffling that there has been no communication from the club bar a short statement confirming the takeover had completed - and even that spent more time praising Ron and Jack Martin than it did outlining the future.

The Cliffs event was warmly received but was in January and the deal has changed since then.

For example, there has been no acknowledgement by the club that POSU own the training ground. This is really positive news but it isn’t being celebrated anywhere. I’m sure there’s loads of feel good stuff that is happening but the only official news we’ve had outside of all the sponsorship stuff the Commerical Dept arranged is the statement that the takeover is complete and then one confirming that the bond appeal was successful a month ago.

There’s nobody currently communicating to the fanbase the wider vision and what this currently being worked on and I think this is the root cause of much of the frustration expressed in this thread as nothing seems to be happening (I’m sure the reality is all sorts of things are being planned that we just haven’t been told about yet). Even if we have a limited budget this season because we’re, say, investing in the training ground they need someone communicating that message to keep the feel good factor going that we’re moving forward, whilst managing expectations.

This. It’s baffling that there has been no communication from the club bar a short statement confirming the takeover had completed - and even that spent more time praising Ron and Jack Martin than it did outlining the future.

The Cliffs event was warmly received but was in January and the deal has changed since then.

For example, there has been no acknowledgement by the club that POSU own the training ground. This is really positive news but it isn’t being celebrated anywhere. I’m sure there’s loads of feel good stuff that is happening but the only official news we’ve had outside of all the sponsorship stuff the Commerical Dept arranged is the statement that the takeover is complete and then one confirming that the bond appeal was successful a month ago.

There’s nobody currently communicating to the fanbase the wider vision and what this currently being worked on and I think this is the root cause of much of the frustration expressed in this thread as nothing seems to be happening (I’m sure the reality is all sorts of things are being planned that we just haven’t been told about yet). Even if we have a limited budget this season because we’re, say, investing in the training ground they need someone communicating that message to keep the feel good factor going that we’re moving forward, whilst managing expectations.
I think its odd if I am honest, such a huge huge positive, that's pretty much petered out to a small press release on the day and that's that.

I have sent this splendid message to the club and perhaps it is something @Medway Blue could also take up with them.

What happened to the fans forum they spoke so widely about during the evening?

One of the big points everyone made out was about as much transparency as possible, fan engagement etc.

Perhaps another night at the Cliffs, with an updated vision of where we are actually headed?

It was a good night, just unfortunately way ahead of time.

At least he’s supporting a smaller local club rather than one of the prem clubs. I’ve always enjoyed going away to Orient and if I was to support a London based club, it would be them.
How dare I make a tongue-in-cheek quip about a local rival football team, on an internet forum for my own team. Naughty step for me!

Btw - if I was to live somewhere other than Southend or London, it would bloody well be up north so there! :Moon: :Winking:

In fairness i think that is something that is under discussion, albeit we have not heard about it yet.
I think it's a case of the attached for COSU and the Roots Hall media & Commercial guys I would imagine. I am sure things will come to fruition it's just understandably your average Shrimper doesn't have much patience in the locker after what we have been through.

download-2.jpeg

You got to have the right balance I guess. You don't want to go overkill on player signings but you do need to invest to progress. Problem with this league is clubs don't generate enough money to become sustainable so clubs who have owners with cash want out to have better income streams ie bigger tv deals and marketing opportunities which could potentially net better sponsorship due to the exposure a club gets through being in the EFL provides, Sky are showing lot more lower league coverage now. Being in the EFL does provide vastly substantial tv deal compared to the national league, im sure each club in league 2 earns around 500k year (maybe more I'm not to sure) also clubs have youth academy's which is funded by the EFL so that's another income stream when it comes to selling promising young players. We currently don't have that so we are reliant on fan numbers and player trading....... John still diamonds in the rough have served us well but none of them have gone on to make us a decent profit which is disappointing.
It’s £1.4m per year now apparently in L2 for EFL/TV/Prem Support- unfortunately this means every year and new group of clubs invest the extra hoping for that return- regrettably- and it won’t change any time soon. The logic (floored as it may be) spend an extra £500k on wages and as long as you get promotion in the next couple of years you’re quids in.

Back