• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
It seems he only signed a new contract with Wealdstone in February 24 and Wealdstone were delighted. The only height stat I can find for the bloke shows him to be 1.80mtrs which would not make him a towering beast. I think I'll wait for the obligatory scarf above head stuff.

This set of highlights from the game at Hartlepool I mentioned above shows exactly the type of striker Adarkwa is.

16 minutes long, but stick with it. It's well worth it.

Tell you what, forget anything else, what an entertaining game that was! Fair play to Wealdstone, for a semi-pro team, they play some lovely stuff.

I remember really rating Adarkwa at the Hall last season and thinking he was a real handful for our defense. Don't forget, we had the best defensive record in the league and he was a handful for us. Think what he could be like against lesser opposition?!

What's going on with Waldron? I thought he would be up for a break-through season this year after looking really promising at the back end of last season. Is he homesick/struggling with full-time/just a bit lacking in form?

What's going on with Waldron? I thought he would be up for a break-through season this year after looking really promising at the back end of last season. Is he homesick/struggling with full-time/just a bit lacking in form?
He had an injury in preseason and we've only played one league game. His time will come. If we do get Adarkwa, it seems it will be him and Cards battling for their spot and Walker or Waldron battling for theirs. Just the type of competition you need. A couple of CAM's and a GK and we'll be alright.

weve only had one game but he did look a bit off the pace in pre season. But we do know he is a goalscorer. He may have to be content coming off the bench this season but when he does he needs to make it count. Still have faith in it coming off

? Weā€™ve had one game on and he came on and did ok. Adarkwa had good pedigree, knows the league and is pretty mobile for a big guy. Really means we have good balance across the four forwards and we arenā€™t reliant on cards for arial threat- there would be a few parings that could work with those four including Adarkwa and Cardwell. Would be a very astute signing- he would have been very useful on Sat!!

Originally offer knocked back so guess weā€™ve gone back with something a bit different?

? Weā€™ve had one game on and he came on and did ok. Adarkwa had good pedigree, knows the league and is pretty mobile for a big guy. Really means we have good balance across the four forwards and we arenā€™t reliant on cards for arial threat- there would be a few parings that could work with those four including Adarkwa and Cardwell. Would be a very astute signing- he would have been very useful on Sat!!

Originally offer knocked back so guess weā€™ve gone back with something a bit different?
I believe that was for another Striker target. We have since moved on, potentially to Adarkwa.

He had an injury in preseason and we've only played one league game. His time will come. If we do get Adarkwa, it seems it will be him and Cards battling for their spot and Walker or Waldron battling for theirs. Just the type of competition you need. A couple of CAM's and a GK and we'll be alright.

Not to mention you can now name 7 subs and use 5.

No, we had a bid for another centre forward currently playing in the National League (played at the weekend) knocked back and have since moved on from him.

Adarkwa is a player I first mentioned in Aprilā€¦But then I donā€™t get much right.

Back