• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone. The players are the ones being punished here. Its a disgraceful lack of concern for player welfare from a league who couldn't care less.

He hasn’t gone (other than he’s been an absentee owner since March) yet.

It also suggests that other debts haven’t been paid yet and won’t until a new group takes over.

Danny Rowe has left Chesterfield. I wonder with Powell out for the season if he’s coming in for the rest of the season…

I think the incoming player needs to be on no more wages than the outgoing player. Rowe will be on more than Powell.

Hopper and dackers?

That would be a no thanks from me.

Hopper it appears has played 90 minutes just twice for Col Ewe. I’d love back the player we had under Powell but if he was still that player he’d be still playing regularly in L1 rather than out of favour/injured at the bottom of L2. He’s 30 in a few weeks and has a lot of wear and tear from his injuries and playing style. The player I compared him to was Lee Barnard and look how Barnard’s career fell off a ledge at that age. He was a shadow of the player he was first time around.

Dackers doesn’t quite have it for me. His touch isn’t quite sharp enough. I suppose he could do a job as depth.

Give me someone energetic and with a good touch and football brain and we can turn them into a goalscorer. Like we did with Cardwell and like we did with Hopper first time around.

I wonder if the ex-strikers might be Sandat or even Kelman on loan.

When the new manager started at col u ,I believe hopper was very much in favour and well thought of. Then that same manager left after 1 month and the new one didn't like hopper. With little game time and probably overdoing it when opportunities arose he got a groin strain.
He's very keen on staying local for personal reasons and playing more football. From what I hear he's also happy to help us. However, that was as of a few weeks ago.
He was so unlucky on his time with us and from what I saw, was always going to give 100% and be in the thick of things in the 6 yard box. Brave with his head too.
I'd happily have him back in either a non contract or full loan basis. For me, a much better addition than dackers.

This is irrelevant IMO. The superb job Kev, Daz, Benno and the team have done isn’t a justification for retaining the embargo - not in a million years.

If this is truly a part of their thinking, then I think SUFC could argue the NL board (made up of some NL chairmen) are distorting their own competition to unfairly advantage their own teams. Precisely what the embargo is supposedly in place to prevent.
I don't disagree, however this isn't binary.

We can and should be venting our frustration at the NL for their heavy handed treatment but we shouldn't forget it was the rat that allowed this to happen.

I tweeted Henry Sandat asking him to come back after his tweet about the takeover yesterday and it was liked by Tom Lawrence 👀
That’s a great shout actually. Dackers and Sandat might very well be on the whiteboard.

Whether either is available or attainable is another matter. I’d love both back. Sandat would be a loan surely, but Dackers maybe loan to perm with a bit of luck.

This could all be massive wishful thinking though. What a team of young gems we’d have with the likes of Sandat, Wood, Coker and Andeng-Ndi etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back