• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we were ever after Josh Stokes who is currently doing extremely well at Aldershot. Was at Sudbury last season and is 19. Very much our sort of player
He was also the Aldershot player with the Southend scarf around his neck joining in the applause with the team post match.

I wonder if we would look at Solihull's Josh Kelly again some time in the future, not immediately?

Bit harsh on Dackers I think @Yorkshire Blue, the volley he scored at home last year (can't remember who it was against but it was at home at the South stand end), showed incredibly good technique...

Maybe that’s harsh in a world where Brandon Goodship got to play professionally but there are plenty of kids who never make it out of an academy who can demonstrate the occasional bit of good technique (and that was indeed a good finish). From what I’ve seen of him he wouldn’t stand out in academy football if he wasn’t 6 foot 8. It’s not that he’s bad per se, just that the rest of his game appears very ordinary.

Maybe he’s improved since he was with us but I can’t see what I could see in Tom Hopper, Emile Acquah, Harry Cardwell, Freddie Ladapo, Barry Corr, Matt Harrold etc. For me even if the play strength comes as he physically matures, the touch isn’t quite sharp enough nor the speed of foot or thought. He just seems a bit one dimensional in the pro game.

It didn’t seem to happen for him when he went to Woking after us either.

Obviously if we bring him in then I wish him well but he’s not the direction I’d be going in.

Tricky one at the moment, we have 2 recognised strikers at the moment although Powell may actually be a winger playing up front and is now out injured. With those two we would need at least 2 more strikers at the club, however its understood we may only be able to get 1 as a Powell replacement. The replacement striker has to be the type Maher feels we will mostly benefit us at this moment in time as to what's available as an example if we had 4 strikers, 1 would be a target man, another a fox in the box, a 3rd being a pacey one that will stretch teams etc. So does Maher bring in a target man when Cardwell already does that job or does he bring in a Powell type player or someone completely different? I also feel that Dackers or/and Sandat should not be considered at the moment as i think someone with a bit more experience should come in. Dackers and Sandat to come in once the embargo is lifted

Aaron Jarvis from Torquay as a very capable Powell replacement. Aidan Barlow from Eastleigh for left wing cover for Bridgey.

I’d be over the moon with those two

Saw Dackers a few times when he was with us. He wasn’t too bad with his feet for a big man, but I just feel it really encourages the long ball game. We’re one of the best footballing teams in this league when at our best and I don’t want to see us moving away from that.

Why does everyone rate Dackers? His goal scoring record is absolutely atrocious and although he done ok here before he didnt do anything to make me desperately want him back. He is certainly no where near the level in which Cardwell is in any way at all.

On a sentimental note I would love it to be Tom Hopper coming back as he loved the club but I do worry with his goalscoring record in recent seasons too however I think he could be great to have playing alongside Cardwell.

We should definitely be looking for better and moving forwards not backwards or sideways now that we have new wind in our sails. There are some classy players in the league below who would jump at an opportunity to come to us.

Aaron Jarvis from Torquay as a very capable Powell replacement. Aidan Barlow from Eastleigh for left wing cover for Bridgey.

Saw Dackers a few times when he was with us. He wasn’t too bad with his feet for a big man, but I just feel it really encourages the long ball game. We’re one of the best footballing teams in this league when at our best and I don’t want to see us moving away from that.
100% agree with Dackers and from memory his hold up play and heading werent his strong points either. We are class with the ball on the ground playing it around.

Maybe that’s harsh in a world where Brandon Goodship got to play professionally but there are plenty of kids who never make it out of an academy who can demonstrate the occasional bit of good technique (and that was indeed a good finish). From what I’ve seen of him he wouldn’t stand out in academy football if he wasn’t 6 foot 8. It’s not that he’s bad per se, just that the rest of his game appears very ordinary.

Maybe he’s improved since he was with us but I can’t see what I could see in Tom Hopper, Emile Acquah, Harry Cardwell, Freddie Ladapo, Barry Corr, Matt Harrold etc. For me even if the play strength comes as he physically matures, the touch isn’t quite sharp enough nor the speed of foot or thought. He just seems a bit one dimensional in the pro game.

It didn’t seem to happen for him when he went to Woking after us either.

Obviously if we bring him in then I wish him well but he’s not the direction I’d be going in.

He started 6 games in his loan spell at Woking in the league, and scored 3 goals. Ironically, one against us, and the same record as he had for us, 3 in 6.

He was there for 22 league matches, and only failed to play a part in 3 matches.

With us, he was with us for 6 league matches, and started all 6, completely 90 minutes four times, and his other matches he was substituted in the 77th minute against Chesterfield on his debut (after scoring) and 76 minutes in what proved to be his last match vs Daggers.

I may sound a bit moany but I'm disappointed the embargo not lifted after the jubilation of regime change etc etc.
We are only nine points off a play off spot. A flurry on new players over the next fortnight could have really boosted everyone further. Fingers crossed as @BoyWonder2 pointed out we can replace Powell on some sort of emergency deal.
Any idea when ralph back?
Lomas injury?

Think about how triggered the Torquay fans would be if we took one of their players.

That is the exact reason we should do it!

I may sound a bit moany but I'm disappointed the embargo not lifted after the jubilation of regime change etc etc.
We are only nine points off a play off spot. A flurry on new players over the next fortnight could have really boosted everyone further. Fingers crossed as @BoyWonder2 pointed out we can replace Powell on some sort of emergency deal.
Any idea when ralph back?
Lomas injury?
So anyone have any idea when the embargo will be a thing of the past?

The HMRC debit is paid off, so are the NL just going to leave embargo hanging like a millstone around our neck or have we got to pay other bills (which debt?) off to the penny before they deem it appropriate to remove?

So anyone have any idea when the embargo will be a thing of the past?

We’ve paid the HMRC off, are the NL just going to leave it hanging like a millstone around our neck or have we got to pay other bills (which debt?) off to the penny before they deem it appropriate and remove it?
As I understand it we owe teams transfer money

I think it was Chris Phillips who has reported that the embargo is unlikely to be lifted until early November. Outstanding debts won't be cleared until the takeover is complete.

As far as a rotation option for Cardwell goes, I think Dackers would be an excellent fit.

His hold up play is similarly strong, although it’s not a perfect match as he lacks Cardwell’s pace for us to play over opposition defences for him to run onto (which is particularly useful when sides press us aggressively).

It would also give us the option of going with two target men against the most physical sides. We’d have more tactical flexibility, which we haven’t had the luxury of so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back