• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh yes I’ve just seen his tweet. Wonder if lomas is either long term injured or definitely leaving, I’d expect the latter.

He literally tweeted to address these kind of rumours suggesting he is leaving, to clarify that he is doing all he can to return from injury to help the team...

Got to feel for the lad. When Lopata rejoined, any one of the back three could have been dropped at the time and Lomas was the easy option. Lopata then jumped ship, and Lomas played through an injury at the back end of the season to try and help the team make the playoffs.

Big season for him when he returns (if the club survives) and we're yet to see the best of him IMO.

Last edited:

He literally tweeted to address these kind of rumours suggesting he is leaving, to clarify that he is doing all he can to return from injury to help the team...

Got to feel for the lad. When Lopata rejoined, any one of the back three could have been dropped at the time and Lomas was the easy option. Lopata then jumped ship, and Lomas played through an injury at the back end of the season to try and help the team make the playoffs.

Big season for him when he returns (if the club survives) and we're yet to see the best of him IMO.
Who remembers elvis tweet saying he was looming forward to next season and he was staying (just before he refused to ever play for us again )

Its a bit odd though we've no updates and no 'injury' replacement signing - if his injury was there at the end of the season, that's what 5 months? And then of course there was an
other itk saying he wanted out (although he then said Lomas changed mind). What is the injury?

Its a bit odd though we've no updates and no 'injury' replacement signing - if his injury was there at the end of the season, that's what 5 months? And then of course there was an
other itk saying he wanted out (although he then said Lomas changed mind). What is the injury?

Lomas has a groin injury. He had an operation in the off-season, it's not one of those situations where a player is missing with an 'injury'.

In other news, as anticipated, one of our targets has now completed his move to a rival. Wonder if the delay was the hope that we'd somehow get out of this mess and be able to sign him. I know Maher was speaking to him and was definitely keen...

Lomas has a groin injury. He had an operation in the off-season, it's not one of those situations where a player is missing with an 'injury'.

In other news, as anticipated, one of our targets has now completed his move to a rival. Wonder if the delay was the hope that we'd somehow get out of this mess and be able to sign him. I know Maher was speaking to him and was definitely keen...

Ta. Think that's the first we've heard about an op on Lomas? So forgive the cynic emerging from me. Looks like he's back in training now though from some photos on X? Still doesn't explain why an injury replacement wasn't brought in given the length of time he's been absent - lack of funds, lack of available players to bring in?

Ta. Think that's the first we've heard about an op on Lomas? So forgive the cynic emerging from me. Looks like he's back in training now though from some photos on X? Still doesn't explain why an injury replacement wasn't brought in given the length of time he's been absent - lack of funds, lack of available players to bring in?
His **** is so massive he had to get an op on it

Anyone from the club reading this, please put Liam Miller of Morpeth Town on the whiteboard. ex Sunderland Academy left back. Looked class and potential to make it back to full time.

Agreed. He's a good player and hasn't had the chance to have a run in the team to show it. Get fit soon Louis.

IF we managed to get taken over today, what are the odds we’d see some new faces before tonight or before the game on Saturday?

IF we managed to get taken over today, what are the odds we’d see some new faces before tonight or before the game on Saturday?
Tonight I'd guess is very low probability as embargo needs to be formally lifted and then players registered. Unless HMRC have already been paid, plus any other football creditors then timing is very tight

Today - Zero
Saturday - possibly, depending on the WUO outcome and clearance of any other football related debts outside of the WUO (but very low odds IMO)

Another related question to those ITK, how many of the original names on the infamous whiteboard are still possibilities?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but a man can dream.

Another related question to those ITK, how many of the original names on the infamous whiteboard are still possibilities?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but a man can dream.

Not many.

Most moved to other Clubs, or signed new deals at their existing Clubs. Even players that weren’t the number 1 in their position have moved on too.

One name, in midfield, is still at his current Club, and is still on the whiteboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back