• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine that to many players would sign for us while Ron martin is still running things just looking at his past late / none payments of wages surely better chance when he is gone if that day ever happens,

I can’t imagine that to many players would sign for us while Ron martin is still running things just looking at his past late / none payments of wages surely better chance when he is gone if that day ever happens,

There are literally 100s of players without a Club at the moment who would jump at the chance to sign for a Club, even though they may not be paid on time.

There are 100s of semi-pro footballers who would jump at the chance to sign for a full time Club.

Yea, when RM goes, that pool of players opens up even more, but the notion that no one would sign for us isn’t correct.

in that case we wouldn't have signed anyone either perm or loan for the past 25 years.

We are always in the news for late payments, winding up orders, HMRC woes etc. etc. yet we always sign players every season (when not under embargo obvs)

I’d like to hope that if they were planning on paying it in full, at the same time conversations would be being held with the NL to get it lifted straight away.

But this is Southend United, we don’t make things easy.

And even if embargo was lifted has Ron approved an increase in playing staff budget? Maybe some loans with parent paying all wages?

And even if embargo was lifted has Ron approved an increase in playing staff budget? Maybe some loans with parent paying all wages?
There must be a budget for more than 16 players. However, my guess in the short term we will sign a few on loan. Kevin has said that he would prefer to have his own players rather than loanees, but needs must.

Elkan Baggott?
I spoke to a Gills mate who said the 20 year old was very good for them in the loan spell was very confident and good header of the ball !
I wondered if it could be him as already gaining experience loaned out to Kings Lynn, Gills and Cheltenham. Would fit in as a youngster to develop, albeit on loan

Large following in Indonesia as born in Thailand but Mum is Indonesian and he elected to play for them. . 10X as many hits on his vids from Indonesians

A Lopata mark 2 would be handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back