• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Hess and Kenny Jackett are watching today, Gillingham need a big target man as Hawkins is injured!! …. Harris likes Bridge as well…

Hopefully the closure of the football league transfer window doesn’t impact us!!

Both Hess and Kenny Jackett are watching today, Gillingham need a big target man as Hawkins is injured!! …. Harris likes Bridge as well…

Hopefully the closure of the football league transfer window doesn’t impact us!!
I was told they are more interested in Cards than Bridge. But yes, Gills are certainly sniffing and have been for a while. Their interest goes back at least a year in both players.

Ron could well cash in, the buyers lose a potential big asset and Kev a vital part of his squad…
This means Ron will basically give him away. Surely he still doesn't have the go ahead for these decisions? I thought Tom Lawrence was the mad in charge of the footballing department. Cardwell they would have to stump up cash for because he is in contract. I guess Bridge could just go?

Ron could well cash in, the buyers lose a potential big asset and Kev a vital part of his squad…
Seriously i dont think either Cards or Bridge would leave , my feeling is they and the rest of the team will see this out together, they are a band of brothers,I think they all like us hate RM and wont want to put more money in his pocket or let down KEV and CO and SVC and JS .

Seriously i dont think either Cards or Bridge would leave , my feeling is they and the rest of the team will see this out together, they are a band of brothers,I think they all like us hate RM and wont want to put more money in his pocket or let down KEV and CO and SVC and JS .
Hopefully
But Gillingham are v well funded now and in the football league, Gills top before the weekend

Facts are, we’re rock bottom of the National League, history of pay problems and high risk he could be out of work in 4 weeks!!

Short career and a big step up, UNLESS these players know something we don’t!!

If I was a player then I would wait until the next court hearing as if we are wound up then my contract would be invalid and I could join anyone who wanted me as a free agent and secure a bigger signing on fee

Last edited:
If I was a player then I would wait until the next court hearing as if we are wound up then my contract would be invalid and I could join anyone who wanted me as a free agent and secure a bigger signing on fee

Not if the league window is shut.

You have to be out of contract before the window shuts.

That doesn't apply though if you join another national league team.

But if you have ambitions of playing in the efl, your thinking wouldn't work as they couldn't play till January.

Last edited:
They could leave, but not join a FL club (if they not out of contract before window shuts).

Could join any NL club at any time though.
I thought they had singed contracts as the club were given permission to sign two players so they had the minimum required, was that not correct?

But if they are non contract players, i wouldn't have thought they would be tied down by not being allowed to move as non contract players are technically free agents and can leave at any time isnt that correct? They roll for 10 days at a time or something strange not a year, the riles around them are strange for me but hey what happens happens

I thought they had singed contracts as the club were given permission to sign two players so they had the minimum required, was that not correct?

But if they are non contract players, i wouldn't have thought they would be tied down by not being allowed to move as non contract players are technically free agents and can leave at any time isnt that correct? They roll for 10 days at a time or something strange not a year, the riles around them are strange for me but hey what happens happens

We are only allowed to sign non-contract players up to the 16.

Surely we don’t sell any players at the moment. We barely get 4 players on the bench, can’t replace them and if Cardwell goes we have no striker.

As we start September, just a casual reminder that this month sees us under a transfer embargo for an ENTIRE YEAR!

Whilst that is a Southend United record, is it a record in all football?

Also, worth bearing in mind, this is a registration embargo too. So, we’ve not been able to offer professional contracts to promising youngsters, we’ve not been able to offer new deals to out of contract players, and not been able to extend current first team players contracts.

#MartinOut

As we start September, just a casual reminder that this month sees us under a transfer embargo for an ENTIRE YEAR!

Whilst that is a Southend United record, is it a record in all football?

Also, worth bearing in mind, this is a registration embargo too. So, we’ve not been able to offer professional contracts to promising youngsters, we’ve not been able to offer new deals to out of contract players, and not been able to extend current first team players contracts.

#MartinOut
I do feel its a bit harsh not allowing the extension of current players and youth players. Even just giving those players an option to extend their contracts there is no guarantee that they would sign. I get the not increasing your pool of talent from other clubs, but not allowing you to extend current players feel a bit wrong.

I guess thems the rules of the embargo though and as you quite rightly say #MartinOut

I do feel its a bit harsh not allowing the extension of current players and youth players. Even just giving those players an option to extend their contracts there is no guarantee that they would sign. I get the not increasing your pool of talent from other clubs, but not allowing you to extend current players feel a bit wrong.

I guess thems the rules of the embargo though and as you quite rightly say #MartinOut
I was under the impression you can extend but only on the same terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back