• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have announced any signing before the tickets sales ended believe me they would have done everything they could to increase sales .
Yeah I’ve been hoping for a last minute signing announcement but this is also a very good point. The best time to announce would have been yesterday afternoon IMO. Too late for Oldham to adjust tactics but still time to sell more tickets. Sadly I think it’s looking like we’ll have to wait until after the court date to sign anyone.

I must admit with Clifford going I also got my hopes up otherwise it didn’t make sense getting rid of another fit body…especially a defender ..it’s not like we have a plethora of options at the back !

I must admit with Clifford going I also got my hopes up otherwise it didn’t make sense getting rid of another fit body…especially a defender ..it’s not like we have a plethora of options at the back !
The deal was mutual and he not long after signed for Kings Lynn. Maybe he was pressuring to go and we have seen it as an opportunity to save on wages and free up that space. A risk but when we have players who can already play his position he’s dispensable which is mad in our current situation.

JD to be added to squad? He's in the first team squad on the official site

⁰⁰0⁰0
They would have announced any signing before the tickets sales ended believe me they would have done everything they could to increase sales .
You would think.

But on that logic, they would have announced that Ralph and Bridge are staying (or at least able to start the season).

I think we are still on Radio Silence from Ron. There has been absolutely nothing announced from the club regarding anything related to the team other than when someone leaves.

My guess is his ego saying something like "They think I'm a rotten owner do they? Well I'll show them. Someone hold my beer..."

No heart breaking player losses over the summer so far is better than hoped or widely predicted. A weaker squad because of lack of numbers but injury free the 17 man squad listed we’d assume would be competitive and similar to last season… mid table to edges of play offs. If we pay off debts and get out of the embargo maybe we could even strengthen. If we don’t pay off the debts it’s no club anyway isn’t it ? I’m sure there are other alternative futures though because we’ve spent the summer reconciling the unpredictable.

So those like @Dubai saying we were getting two or three in yesterday were either a) correct but the situation changed b) correct and there will be surprise announcements today c) talking b0llocks to wind people up or d) hoping but giving the impression they were ITK.

I'm surprised we haven't brought some extras in even on non contract so we can have some cover in areas like GK. Do any ITKs have a view on whether a-d is the closest?

Edit: I should add I'm not making a judgement that any of these are true and I have no reason to doubt the posts

⁰⁰0⁰0

You would think.

But on that logic, they would have announced that Ralph and Bridge are staying (or at least able to start the season).

I think we are still on Radio Silence from Ron. There has been absolutely nothing announced from the club regarding anything related to the team other than when someone leaves.

My guess is his ego saying something like "They think I'm a rotten owner do they? Well I'll show them. Someone hold my beer..."
They chose Ralph and Bridge for the kit launch.

They chose Ralph and Bridge for the kit launch.
Which is how most people found out they were here!

Edit - aside from the fact they'd played in a couple of friendlies. All I'm saying is that positive news released by the club has been thin on the ground at best.

Which is how most people found out they were here!

Edit - aside from the fact they'd played in a couple of friendlies. All I'm saying is that positive news released by the club has been thin on the ground at best.
something I mentioned in an earlier post - there has been nothing official to clarify Bridge, Ralph or JDs situation.
Maher says ‘it’s great they’re staying’ but how? On what terms?
Not asking for War and Peace just a quick short paragraph would suffice

Bridge and Ralph will play. They wouldn’t of been allowed to play friendlies if they weren’t registered as we weren’t allowed trialists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back