• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The embargo rules that I posted don't mention age. But hopefully posters are correct on the age factor
Just looking at the Echo talking to Kev it looks like you have to tell them who the 16 registered players are that will be in the 16 allowed. And Kev doesn’t seem that clear on the rules (probably is but doesn’t want to give anything away)… he seems to think the kids aren’t in addition and would have to be in the 16. So that would be different to the EFL.
I don’t think the NL are that bothered about player welfare (see their efforts to not pay injured players in standard contracts). But a 16 player limit, without being able to add u21s or replace injured players unless the injury is for then 14 days, exposes players with short term injuries having to play whilst unfit.

But we will see tomorrow as all 16 will be in the squad and, undercooked or not, they will have to play until the embargo goes.

Is it me, but all the ITK’s on this site have gone quiet today/this afternoon? However we have been told in the past that silence is a good sign…🤞🏻

Just looking at the Echo talking to Kev it looks like you have to tell them who the 16 registered players are that will be in the 16 allowed. And Kev doesn’t seem that clear on the rules (probably is but doesn’t want to give anything away)… he seems to think the kids aren’t in addition and would have to be in the 16. So that would be different to the EFL.
I don’t think the NL are that bothered about player welfare (see their efforts to not pay injured players in standard contracts). But a 16 player limit, without being able to add u21s or replace injured players unless the injury is for then 14 days, exposes players with short term injuries having to play whilst unfit.

But we will see tomorrow as all 16 will be in the squad and, undercooked or not, they will have to play until the embargo goes.
Not sure all 16 will, lomas injured and Mooney not with the squad according to rumours

Not sure all 16 will, lomas injured and Mooney not with the squad according to rumours
Well this is the potential problem. Do we name just 3 subs? Do we not include Mooney in our allowed squad of 16? Are we allowed to include Lomas but because he has a 14+ day injury we can temporarily replace him?
It might be clearer tomorrow.
It really should be easy. You are under embargo. So you can’t bring in any new players. You may keep the ones you have registered and were necessary trigger contract extensions, or offer a new contract on the same terms as the old.
Seems to me in the quest to penalise the club the rules don’t look after the well being of the players, and further potentially denies them the ability to earn a living if they are out of contract.
The rules try and be too clever, too complicated and end up as a dog’s dinner with unintended consequences…

Is anything happening? I keep seeing Dackers being mentioned I can't see Salford just releasing him. And if they did I don't think we'd be the only club in for him
I think people were telling a few tall tales. We can't bring anyone in, the embargo is not going to be lifted any time soon and including Mooney and Lomas we are at our embargo squad limit.

I think people were telling a few tall tales. We can't bring anyone in, the embargo is not going to be lifted any time soon and including Mooney and Lomas we are at our embargo squad limit.
We're not, we need 1 more player as Demi isn't registered

Anybody thinking 🤔 we will get players in before the tax man is paid .
Are not being realistic. Remember this is Ron’s world and he ain’t spending another penny more than has got too.
We can only pray that there is a potential buyer coming in soon.

I'll be honest, I thought we'd have someone in before Saturday otherwise it makes no sense to let Clifford go.

Maybe it will be like a few years ago when we announced Assombalonga about two hours before kick off...
Think they have to be registered by 5pm today to p,ay? So would assume they'd be announced already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back