• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice farewell pressie from Ron , letting one of your best players leave on a freebie
You'd think he would want the sale all wrapped up. Players (although probably more the registration) are one of the assets that Ron would be including within the sale.

Keep having players leave etc will mean requests to adjust the orientation of the sale dragging it on longer.

I'm normally quite mild mannered but come on Ron, sell up and **** off you ****

Chris Phillips saying bridge ain’t left. I suppose that means coz he will leave Friday when the contract actually runs out😂

Bridge on his day his a top level league 2 player IMO , why on earth would he want to roll the dice with his career having to take Ron’s word that we will be getting bought out .
I’m guessing after all the goings on, late payments and false promises he’s now the one in the driving seat and will no doubt force a move ……this WILL be the domino that starts it all I fear

That will be 2 of our best performers over the past 2 years out the door. So we will be less solid at the back and powder puff down the flanks

Our squad are out in Malaga on a pre season training camp week, no doubt we have taken one or two others to take a look at while we are out there, maybe he is with them? Mind you I haven't noticed him in the pictures that are coming back, but of course they don't photograph everything.

Our squad are out in Malaga on a pre season training camp week, no doubt we have taken one or two others to take a look at while we are out there, maybe he is with them? Mind you I haven't noticed him in the pictures that are coming back, but of course they don't photograph everything.
You may think that sounds impressive, but our players are training in the Malaga of the UK and there really is no contest here :Winking:

Would not be surprised to see Chris Wreh appear at Solihull Moors, his former boss at Banbury has just taken over there. No idea if we have released him or not

You may think that sounds impressive, but our players are training in the Malaga of the UK and there really is no contest here :Winking:

Not impressive at all, that's our 1st overseas training camp in years:Smile: I think Ben Garner pushed for it as he wants to change the method of play we used the last few years and of course a week away gives the players a chance to have a laugh and get to know the new players/trialists. I suspect one or two of our younger players will be sold for decent fees before the season starts so the money will be there to fund this sort of thing.

Daggers have signed our old player Tom Eastman, a very decent defender who will do well for them, he was unlucky to not get a new cobtract with us.
Good signing for them, but don't think he would have fitted our recruitment profile plus his background in spending so long playing for Colchester would have put our management team off I would have thought.

Oh and obviously we can't sign anyone because of the transfer embargo...

Good signing for them, but don't think he would have fitted our recruitment profile plus his background in spending so long playing for Colchester would have put our management team off I would have thought.

Oh and obviously we can't sign anyone because of the transfer embargo...
Plus after playing for Colchester for so long, he would have found it hard playing in front of more than a couple of hundred fans every week. A good fit then for Daggers.

Tom could easily have played in league two as he proved at Harrogate late last season, but location was important for him, as he didn't want to uproot the family from their current home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back