• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never felt Maher trusted him.
Maher needs an attacking coach (maybe Stan?) to give/or tell him clear and forthright advice otherwise we'll never blow teams away 4 or 5 nil and more importantly get promoted.
And before everyone gets upset, it's imo that we'll be challenging under Kev but just not dominanting ..

If you know what you’re looking for in a striker he has the potential of it all, he is 18 years of age.

Good stature ✅
Quick ✅
Good finisher ✅
Good with his back to goal ✅
Work rate ✅
Willing to do the dirty work ✅

For me he is a much better prospect than Charlie Kelman ever was
Let’s hope he can translate that to first team football then.
Nowhere near enough exposure and performance , even at National League level, to deserve the hype some are giving him here.

I think desperation for something positive, on supporters part, is evident.

Do I want him to thrive? of course
Am I adamant he will star - no

Incredible? Really?

Encouraging? yes….
We always looked more dangerous when he was on the pitch, whether that is because he ran a lot or got in good positions or challenged the defence. He didn't score many as the supply is not there with this team, it will come.

Some on here would have him pinned as the next Harry Kane?
Sandat was 17 when he played for us. 18 year old Kane was on loan at orient. I’m not for a second suggesting that he is the next Harry Kane, but he’s a good player and reasonable to suggest that players progress at different ages.

I don’t get the Sandat hype…..

Someone please explain as what I have seen is a keen young man with reasonable ability for his age who scored a tap in?

Some on here would have him pinned as the next Harry Kane?
He was in the first team last year at 17 and at times on merit ahead of Hyde, Murphy, Powell and Wreh.

Not many his age are playing first team football and he wasn’t just making up the numbers. Besides his tap-in he won a couple of penalties, plus was professionally fouled v Barnet (albeit the ref bottled it) and was a nuisance.

He takes up intelligent positions, has a good frame and his link-up play rapidly improved. That bodes well for his future.

I’m more excited about his long term prospects than I am for this coming season but if he works hard he’s got a future in this game for sure.

With regard to the squad size under the embargo can anyone tell me if the additions ie to take it back to 16 players, if that is the correct number, if they are able to sign contracts or does it work slightly differently?

With regard to the squad size under the embargo can anyone tell me if the additions ie to take it back to 16 players, if that is the correct number, if they are able to sign contracts or does it work slightly differently?
The rules says can only add up to a squad of 16 players with non contract 'signings'. However you can ask for exceptions to the rules. One poster on here has suggested we've been allowed to sign contracts with 2 players to increase squad back to 16 players

Can we keep this thread to just transfer rumours please?

Even though we can't actually sign anyone at the moment, there's no need to post irrelevant stuff on here just to keep the thread going as people see a new post and think something might actually have happened like a target gone elsewhere or a trialist joining us for training (you know, the kind of thing this thread is for!)

Cheers

If im correct, i believe both Bridge and Sandat have been regsitered on non contract basis. This is a bit like Sim and Hart was it a few years ago? So we have registered them but they cant sign a contract or play until embargo is lifted. Maybe someone could confirm

If im correct, i believe both Bridge and Sandat have been regsitered on non contract basis. This is a bit like Sim and Hart was it a few years ago? So we have registered them but they cant sign a contract or play until embargo is lifted. Maybe someone could confirm
Surely that doesn’t make sense, if they both aren’t under contract and can’t play then we’ve not done anything? Sim and Hart signed a contract but couldn’t be registered.

My assumption if the rumour is true is that we’ve either been allowed to sign them on a contract, or to register them to play as non-contract, or signed on a contract and registered to be able to play. But not registering with no contract makes no sense.

Last edited:
Surely that doesn’t make sense, if they both aren’t under contract and can’t play then we’ve not done anything? Sim and Hart signed a contract but couldn’t be registered.

My assumption if the rumour is true is that we’ve either been allowed to sign them on a contract, or to register them as to play as non-contract, or signed on a contract and registered to be able to play. But not registering with no contract makes no sense.
I believe non-contract can play in Friendlies though. Doesn't registration open 1st July?

My assumption if the rumour is true is that we’ve either been allowed to sign them on a contract, or to register them as to play as non-contract, or signed on a contract and registered to be able to play. But not registering with no contract makes no sense.
fair play, maybe i got it the wrong way round. either way i believe they have signed something but dont think they can play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back