• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did ,but barry blue was not putting Cav down ,in fact i think he was praising him and just pointing out what an acquisition he was and Brunt could be .
Yes exactly that. If you assess him on goals and assists like we are Brunt them it would not seem a good signing but what I'm saying is its not that simple

The only thing about Zac - and without question he is a good player - is that when he was with us I think he contributed 0 goals and 0 (possibly 1) assists.

That isn't anywhere near good enough and he hasn't exactly been screaming towards the EFL, has he?

As much as I liked him, we need players that have more effect on the outcome of the game.
A player like Brunt doesn't suit kev as the play going forward is play it out wide and repeatedly doing it, so how would Brunt make any difference he'd want to play an early ball into a striker?

Boreham Wood young player of the season. Sounds like he’s been doing just fine to me!
And yet Harrison Neal got young player of the season in the league above.

Never understood after 2 loans in the national league last season he had another. Surely he should’ve been loaned to a League Two club.

He’d link mid to attack / fonguck role / progressive passes etc
And play it out wide as none of our strikers were ready for a ball in behind, .which Sandat was also good at trying in and around the box.
Fonguck drifted wide to give Bridge an outlet, we'd have been table toppers if possession of the ball near corner flag got points!

And play it out wide as none of our strikers were ready for a ball in behind, .which Sandat was also good at trying in and around the box.
Fonguck drifted wide to give Bridge an outlet, we'd have been table toppers if possession of the ball near corner flag got points!
I think a lot of that may have been that we didn’t have players capable or confident enough to play through the middle or shoot from range. Likewise take decent set pieces. Passing to Bridge out wide was the default option but I’m not sure that would’ve been Kev’s plan.

when the deal is finalised and the dust settles , i wonder if we can get Romeo Beckham on loan from Brentford .Plays out wide or the number 10 position.

This would have been a typical RM move, attracted by the name.
no they have to be a lot older for RM to be interested , but obviously the lad has something about him for Brentford to sign him ,hes played a bit in the MLS (academy ) also was on loan at Brentford last season and im sure been well coached. As a loanee what do we have to lose ,hes 20 years old, Now needs to play against men,i figure we could do worse, his father knows our club well as he used to come with his father to watch us play many years back .

Just stumbled across an article from Kent Online, that Gillingham are being linked to signing Dallas, stating he is keen to return to the EFL.
Probably picked up from internet forum speculation, which has been saying that (without evidence) for the last few days - primarily from chesterfield fans scratching round for an excuse to save face since their ‘signed sealed delivered’ ITK piece from two weeks ago has been proven to be bollocks.

This may or may not be true, but the timing and details bear the hallmarks of the typical internet rumour repetition.

Probably picked up from internet forum speculation, which has been saying that (without evidence) for the last few days - primarily from chesterfield fans scratching round for an excuse to save face since their ‘signed sealed delivered’ ITK piece from two weeks ago has been proven to be bollocks.

This may or may not be true, but the timing and details bear the hallmarks of the typical internet rumour repetition.

Gillingham are sleeping giant with a billionaire now backing them.........So one of their fans told me at Edgbaston last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back