• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple explanation: Colchester fans desperately hope matches will last as short a time as possible.When Plodder occasionally managed to get a foot to the ball,it so often took ages to find it,especially at a ground with wide open corners.
Would you say that to him face to face?

Just asking!!!

Was never announced. Also can confirm not true - he has not signed an extension.

Will post an update about Justham at some point tomorrow, including the relevance of Friday (do not get excited!)

But like Dallas (again contrary to Chesterfield media quickly posting tweets that he had signed for them hours after my tweet about the player), the longer it takes to complete the takeover we will miss out on targets identified by Still and co.

Ling was one not prepared to wait.
Just what was told to me by a pal who must have been mistaken then.

Was signed yesterday. Not sure where Friday came from but I guess things can change

Bring devils advocate here, I guess it depends what people’s expectations and desires are. I’d personally take 20th now if it meant he was completely out of the picture come 5th of august.

Appreciate some people want out of this league asap though
Yep, this is where I'm at. We can't be losing too many more current players though.

Bring devils advocate here, I guess it depends what people’s expectations and desires are. I’d personally take 20th now if it meant he was completely out of the picture come 5th of august.

Appreciate some people want out of this league asap though
Agreed. The wider fanbase need to try and see the bigger picture. It's difficult, I am struggling with all this **** news day after day as well. But, the only priority right now is removing Ron from absolutely any involvement with our football club now and in the future. Once that is done, everything else will take care of itself.

We are probably at the stage where we may need to accept next season could be a bit of an unknown. It is what it is type scenario unfortunately. But hopefully with new ownership, at least we can start to look forward again.

Agreed. The fanbase need to try andsee the bigger picture. It's difficult, I am struggling with all this **** news day after day as well. But, the only priority right now is removing Ron from absolutely any involvement with our football club now and in the future. Once that is done, everything else will take care of itself.
I'm starting to doubt whether we'll even get that at this point. No ITK just had a horrible gut feeling about it this week.

Ron's hiding something big I fear, just hope it won't blow this whole deal up.

Going to be a Sturrock-esque rebuild of the squad the way it's going at the moment regardless.

Last edited:
Agreed. The fanbase need to see the bigger picture. The only priority right now is removing Ron from absolutely any involvement with our football club now and in the future. Once that is done, everything else will take care of itself.

Absolutely this.

If this takeover didn’t happen until (let’s hypothetically say) September, it’s not the end of the world as we’d still have 6-7 months to get the on-field issues sorted.

You’d have to expect a decent financial injection into the playing side accompanying the takeover too, which would go some way towards helping.

Oldham looked ****ed for the first half of last season. Now they’re poaching our starlets. Give it time and it’ll be us doing the poaching.

And above all else, the indisputable number one goal/achievement/success for the upcoming season will be finally exorcising Ron from this Club. Anything else, IMO, is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back