• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tuesday night, while Blues are not engaged, there are a host of matches in our league and also NLN and NLS. An ideal opportunity for the Football Dept to spread out over the country to run the rule over potential acquisitions. Exciting times. Just need that other acquisition to be completed!

On Tuesday night, while Blues are not engaged, there are a host of matches in our league and also NLN and NLS. An ideal opportunity for the Football Dept to spread out over the country to run the rule over potential acquisitions. Exciting times. Just need that other acquisition to be completed!

They’ve been doing that every weekend and week night we’ve played too.

Matches have been watched at every level, including things like reserve/Under 23 matches, academy matches, behind closed door matches as well as competitive matches too.

Every name that has been mentioned on here would have been watched by a member of our footballing department, or JS army of scouts.

They really do leave no stone unturned.

Fees have been agreed with at least one new signing who should arrive very soon after the embargo being lifted.

They’ve been doing that every weekend and week night we’ve played too.

Matches have been watched at every level, including things like reserve/Under 23 matches, academy matches, behind closed door matches as well as competitive matches too.

Every name that has been mentioned on here would have been watched by a member of our footballing department, or JS army of scouts.

They really do leave no stone unturned.

Fees have been agreed with at least one new signing who should arrive very soon after the embargo being lifted.
Just as Tom was saying on Friday evening. 3 lined up and deals agreed in principle and ready to come on lifting of the embargo. He couldn't name names, as that would break NL rules. But we are going to be in a very good place indeed, in the not too distant future.

And the reason for that is all the staff and players that have got us to the point we are at now, when many teams would have buckled under the pressure.

Just as Tom was saying on Friday evening. 3 lined up and deals agreed in principle and ready to come on lifting of the embargo. He couldn't name names, as that would break NL rules. But we are going to be in a very good place indeed, in the not too distant future.

And the reason for that is all the staff and players that have got us to the point we are at now, when many teams would have buckled under the pressure.

I don’t think there is anything in the laws to that effect.

Luke Williams, Notts County boss, publicly declared his interest in Jack Bridge before our fixture with them.

I think he hasn’t done that out of common courtesy as opposed to being governed by laws.

I don’t think there is anything in the laws to that effect.

Luke Williams, Notts County boss, publicly declared his interest in Jack Bridge before our fixture with them.

I think he hasn’t done that out of common courtesy as opposed to being governed by laws.

Only repeating what he said on the night to our group, but agree with you totally, as always :Smile:

Maybe but he is worth a punt on, won’t cost a lot in wages and scores as well a create lots of chances, full of running and tricky with it, would kill it in the national league and maybe league two, seen him play many times and is consistent.

How do you know that? People need to get the idea that players in non-league are paid peanuts and we can gazumpe wages out of their heads.

Not the summer just gone, one before. We lined up a midfielder from the level below, his name escapes me at the minute, but was a good one out stadium announcer would have struggled with. Anyways, he was a part time player, had a full time job, trained twice a week, and played. However, his job was in the city, on big money. Between that, and his clubs wages, we couldn’t compete. Especially for limited job security too.

Years back, I had a mate at Bowers. Terrific player, and Colchester wanted him. But, it was a similar story. Their full time wage couldn’t match what he was getting at the time.

A centre half at Wealdstone is high up at Nike, and is on mega money, hence why he has never gone full time despite numerous offers for his services by other clubs.

Last edited:
How do you know that? People need to get the idea that players in non-league are paid peanuts and we can gazumpe wages.

Not the summer just gone, one before. We lined up a midfielder from the level below, his name escapes me at the minute, but was a good one out stadium announcer would have struggled with. Anyways, he was a part time player, had a full time job, trained twice a week, and played. However, his job was in the city, on big money. Between that, and his clubs wages, we couldn’t compete. Especially for limited job security too.

Years back, I had a mate at Bowers. Terrific player, and Colchester wanted him. But, it was a similar story. Their full time wage couldn’t match what he was getting at the time.

A centre half at Wealdstone is high up at Nike, and is on mega money, hence why he has never gone full time despite numerous offers for his services by other clubs.
That the CM from Brackley ? Shepherd Murombedzi

How do you know that? People need to get the idea that players in non-league are paid peanuts and we can gazumpe wages.

Yep, often better for them to stay at that level.

Some of the semi-pro lads are also given jobs by the owners, like at Concord, Ant Smith had quite a few boys on his asbestos firm earning a good living then topped up by the football income. Securing a future for yourself whilst also enjoying your football.

Yep, often better for them to stay at that level.

Some of the semi-pro lads are also given jobs by the owners, like at Concord, Ant Smith had quite a few boys on his asbestos firm earning a good living then topped up by the football income. Securing a future for yourself whilst also enjoying your football.
Will also depend a lot on their age. Typically a 21 year old juggling part-time football with a full-time career won’t be that advanced in their non-football career and will be on entry level wages.

It’s a very different equation for them compared to a 28 year old who could be the a decade into their non-football career and potentially in much more senior, better paying roles. Combine that with more likely having a family and the responsibility of providing for them and the idea of giving up a career you’ve invested ten years in for a shot at playing pro football for a couple of years isn’t anywhere near the slam dunk it was for say Jack Wood to join us as a teenager.

Off topic but I have to mention it - our stadium announcer does well with some complicated names but really wish he would stop saying 'Kevin May-her'

Possibly one to watch for the future. Was only signed for Concord for 4/5 weeks and has been snapped up by Chatham. Believe he was in the academy set up at Colchester and is a local lad from South Essex.

Are there any players high on the rumour list?

I wonder if we are looking at players who will come in to develop such as we have done recently or if we are looking to bring in players who are an immediate upgrade on what we currently have? It’ll be a very interesting few weeks once the embargo gets lifted.

I wonder if we are looking at players who will come in to develop such as we have done recently or if we are looking to bring in players who are an immediate upgrade on what we currently have? It’ll be a very interesting few weeks once the embargo gets lifted.
With the squad size it must be the latter?

I would think not necessarily upgrades but more back up/competition for places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back