• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the upcoming change of ownership change the sorts of targets on the whiteboard?

I'm assuming we'll have some sort of transfer budget (obviously not Wrexham levels) after Nov 1st. I wonder if JS & co have got targets for all budgets ready to go, or whether they're all tailored to the assumption that we're skint...

I think we have a chance of promotion. I dont think we are good enough right now though, so i think we must get players in to challenge in positions, get Demi back to a coaching role and add height and strength to the decence. When we are up against Solihull Moors, Barnet and Chesterfield, we absolutely need to be top of the game and stick chances away then defend that.

For me, it is imperative we get a return to the football league. I will never accept this club as non league. I was furious about dropping down and if it wasnt for the fantastic vibe in the West stand i wouldnt have been at matches at the Hall. Oh and Kev Maher taken over, also persuaded me i should get down and support.

I will be extremely happy to see us out of embargo, i have hated this aspect from a fan's perspective and am convinced it cost us a chance at promotion last year. Desperately need another striker that knows the back of the net and an attacking midfielder that likes to shoot on the edge of the box. One of each... striker, midfielder and defender.

I think we have a chance of promotion. I dont think we are good enough right now though, so i think we must get players in to challenge in positions, get Demi back to a coaching role and add height and strength to the decence. When we are up against Solihull Moors, Barnet and Chesterfield, we absolutely need to be top of the game and stick chances away then defend that.

For me, it is imperative we get a return to the football league. I will never accept this club as non league. I was furious about dropping down and if it wasnt for the fantastic vibe in the West stand i wouldnt have been at matches at the Hall. Oh and Kev Maher taken over, also persuaded me i should get down and support.

I will be extremely happy to see us out of embargo, i have hated this aspect from a fan's perspective and am convinced it cost us a chance at promotion last year. Desperately need another striker that knows the back of the net and an attacking midfielder that likes to shoot on the edge of the box. One of each... striker, midfielder and defender.
For me whth what has gone on before the takeover to finish mid table or just above will be seen as a good result .The next season the skys the limit .

Think someone mentioned a while back that he appears to be going faster than he actually does. Shorter legs and strides I guess.
I think cardwell is deceptively quick and I believe is one of our fastest but maybe not the quickest from a standing start. Ralph has a good turn of pace and is one of our quickest.

Last edited:
Thinks someone mentioned a while back that he appears to be going faster than he actually does. Shorter legs and strides I guess.
I think cardwell is deceptively quick and I believe is of our fastest but maybe not the quickest from a standing start. Ralph has a good turn of pace and is one of our quickest.
Any idea when Ralphy is likely to be back? Someone intimated he wasn’t too far away after speaking to him at a game.

Very good chance it could be Saturday. He's a naturally fit player so won't be far away from match fitness. Usually a pro footballer has muscle memory for around 3 weeks and can come back quite quickly, after that would need to regain match fitness, but because he is naturally fit anyway he can probably get away with a decent chunk of the game if not 90 mins. Assuming there's no niggles towards the end of this week.

Very good chance it could be Saturday. He's a naturally fit player so won't be far away from match fitness. Usually a pro footballer has muscle memory for around 3 weeks and can come back quite quickly, after that would need to regain match fitness, but because he is naturally fit anyway he can probably get away with a decent chunk of the game if not 90 mins. Assuming there's no niggles towards the end of this week.
He and Mooney will need to be fit otherwise we won’t have any subs.

Soon after Nov the 1st. Fingers crossed.

The 1st November is a Wednesday.

I would (like all Southend United fans) hope that the takeover is completed, the necessary documentation is supplied to the league authorities & the embargo is lifted all on the same day.

Not sure how likely that is though. There is the 2nd & 3rd November when the embargo could be lifted. We might have a F.A. Cup game on Saturday 4th November but if we are knocked out by Yeovil, would the club look to move a league game to the Saturday or would the club wait until more players can be brought in?

I have no inside knowledge but I would guess (and it is a guess) that it is more likely that the embargo will be lifted at some point in the week thereafter (that is, 6th to 10th November) .....

........... I suppose the worse case scenario might be that the club is not paying all it's bills at the moment & more creditors come forward to scupper any of the above dates.

All speculation on my part I might add.

Will Glennon has left Rushden and Diamonds for higher level football. Wonder if he is a name on the whiteboard. He’s certainly the right age at just 20.

He is more of an attacking midfielder though and I’m not sure we need bodies in that area as a matter of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back