• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fair shout to be honest.

I’m not even sure where he would fit into the side to be honest but thought he was outstanding when he came to Roots Hall. Not only was he full of running but he also had the technical ability to match. Not sure there’s any better players out there at this level.
Much as we love our midfield, we should always be ruthless and look to improve. I think Mancini would be a superb fit at RH. Might as well bring in Langstaff while we’re at it.

Whatever happened to Okinoyla from Arsenal?
And regarding the post saying if people would want Acquah back Its A No from me! The management team including Still I'm sure have their eyes on a few and looking at the players we have signed I'm looking forward to seeing who they are

Forget Acquah. He did nothing at Southend. He stuck to defenders and was easily marked out of games. He couldn't leap high to beat the central defenders, and his touch was poor. He also hardly had a shot on goal. He must have improved by now, and best of luck to him, but he just doesn't suit our style. Another hard working type like Cardwell is the way to go. Someone that finds space in the box and never stops trying.

hopefully we can move away from signing ex players , we need some guality players to mix with our squad , just like wrexham ,stockport & notts county . in the past .there must some talent waiting in the lower league .better than acquah

I mentioned this player a couple of years ago, Jermaine Francis who is now at Chelmsford city, a wide player that has bags of pace and scores goals, he will only get better with time, could be playing league football for sure already, scouts at other clubs must be watching him, we should make him a priority

I mentioned this player a couple of years ago, Jermaine Francis who is now at Chelmsford city, a wide player that has bags of pace and scores goals, he will only get better with time, could be playing league football for sure already, scouts at other clubs must be watching him, we should make him a priority
trialled at Barnet this summer I believe and didn't get a contract there

I’m genuinely excited for whoever we bring in and have huge trust in Kev, John and co. to get it right. What little recruitment they’ve been able to do has been brilliant. GSM, Kensdale, Taylor, Miley, Fonguck, Husin, Cardwell etc. have all been top quality signings.

It’s a breath of fresh air following the expensive, permanently injured ****e we brought in for more years than I want to remember.

In some ways it’s quite good that the embargo won’t be lifted until November as John Still and his team have got a few weeks to refine and add to the names on the white board and for the coaching staff to have an opportunity to watch some of our top targets.

I would anticipate us moving for multiple players quite quickly once the embargo is lifted and this is quite good too as the current squad will be a tight group and it will be easier for the new players to integrate if they are not completely alone.

In some ways it’s quite good that the embargo won’t be lifted until November as John Still and his team have got a few weeks to refine and add to the names on the white board and for the coaching staff to have an opportunity to watch some of our top targets.

I would anticipate us moving for multiple players quite quickly once the embargo is lifted and this is quite good too as the current squad will be a tight group and it will be easier for the new players to integrate if they are not completely alone.

That’s what they’ve been doing for the last 12 months.

We have missed out on multiple targets from our whiteboard. It went at one stage from a board full of names to being completely decimated.

The footballing department have had names for every position and every eventuality. So, for example, a goalkeeper was high on the list. Maher had names of his top target, Justham and then two others. We had names of loanees we could bring in for that position, players on frees and players in a “dream scenario” we’d bring in. Also, youngsters we deem to have enormous potential for future windows, or to bring in and loan out and so forth. By “dream scenario” I mean having money to spend. He had a top 3/5 for every scenario.

Kev & co have been under an embargo for more than half of their games in charge. The longer the embargo stays, the more damage it does. There is no upside to having the embargo for a few extra weeks.

Personally I wouldnt look to permanently sign many , reward those that have stuck with us , and performed over and above this season , then add a keeper and a striker . then its look at players who can give us different options , either to change the way we play to expose weaknesses the management team identify in the opposition , or to alter things in game if its not quite working . Also have a list of players we would like to loan in for a month or so as cover for injuries .

Once Ralph and Lomas are back we have the core of a very good team as it is and the spirit is the big factor this season , the last thing we want to do is disrupt that in any form

I was down the gym a couple of weeks back (The weekend before the takeover) and a couple of the players were in the sauna talking about the potential influx of players

They were just talking amongst themselves and in their eyes they don't believe we need to sign anyone and believe they already have one of the best sides in the league

They mentioned something about Cardwell being untouchable (Sounded sarcastic to me) and then one of them mentioned Andrew Dallas

To me, it sounded like the takeover was rocking the boat a little bit which is understandable and the current group of players have certainly earnt their place and loyalty from the fans ... but at a certain point, we will need to take our rose tinted glasses off and sign better players if we are to strengthen the side and get back to the EFL

That’s what they’ve been doing for the last 12 months.

We have missed out on multiple targets from our whiteboard. It went at one stage from a board full of names to being completely decimated.

The footballing department have had names for every position and every eventuality. So, for example, a goalkeeper was high on the list. Maher had names of his top target, Justham and then two others. We had names of loanees we could bring in for that position, players on frees and players in a “dream scenario” we’d bring in. Also, youngsters we deem to have enormous potential for future windows, or to bring in and loan out and so forth. By “dream scenario” I mean having money to spend. He had a top 3/5 for every scenario.

Kev & co have been under an embargo for more than half of their games in charge. The longer the embargo stays, the more damage it does. There is no upside to having the embargo for a few extra weeks.
I stand corrected then! Hadn't realised that the whole team of scouts would have been quite so active in the face of a seemingly never ending embargo. Will activity be ramped up though given the impending takeover in a few weeks?

Personally I wouldnt look to permanently sign many , reward those that have stuck with us , and performed over and above this season , then add a keeper and a striker . then its look at players who can give us different options , either to change the way we play to expose weaknesses the management team identify in the opposition , or to alter things in game if its not quite working . Also have a list of players we would like to loan in for a month or so as cover for injuries .

Once Ralph and Lomas are back we have the core of a very good team as it is and the spirit is the big factor this season , the last thing we want to do is disrupt that in any form
Totally agree with this with the proviso that Ralph is so fragile that we simply cannot rely on him.

When fit he plays pretty well and I would be really happy with him in the team.

Unfortunately he is not fit very often and imho needs replacing with someone who can play 80 to 90% of our games.

We simply can't afford wages on players sitting in the treatment room continuously.

I don't think we need to replace anyone in the squad. Nailed on starters for me are: Gus, Taylor, Kensdale, Miley, Bridge, Cardwell. Noor is on the edge of being nailed on.

I'm sure the rest (the likes of Coker, Wood, Mooney, current injured crop etc) will get a good amount of games, and as long as they aren't just sat with splinters in their bum I don't think they have much need to complain.

We clearly need a CB (at least whilst Lomas and Ralph are injured), a LWB to compete with Bridge (if Vilhete doesn't stick around), a second striker to compete with Wood/Mooney if Kanu isn't long term and a striker to compete with Cardwell.

I can't see the club going for wholesale changes, after all it's the same team who put this side together who will be spotting and signing players, not the new ownership.

Totally agree with this with the proviso that Ralph is so fragile that we simply cannot rely on him.

When fit he plays pretty well and I would be really happy with him in the team.

Unfortunately he is not fit very often and imho needs replacing with someone who can play 80 to 90% of our games.

We simply can't afford wages on players sitting in the treatment room continuously.
On the other hand in our moment of desperate need Ralph didn’t disappear at the end of his contract but stayed. So on that basis I would expect the club to give him a new contract. Not a great message re how we value people if we didn’t.

I don't think we need to replace anyone in the squad. Nailed on starters for me are: Gus, Taylor, Kensdale, Miley, Bridge, Cardwell. Noor is on the edge of being nailed on.

I'm sure the rest (the likes of Coker, Wood, Mooney, current injured crop etc) will get a good amount of games, and as long as they aren't just sat with splinters in their bum I don't think they have much need to complain.

We clearly need a CB (at least whilst Lomas and Ralph are injured), a LWB to compete with Bridge (if Vilhete doesn't stick around), a second striker to compete with Wood/Mooney if Kanu isn't long term and a striker to compete with Cardwell.

I can't see the club going for wholesale changes, after all it's the same team who put this side together who will be spotting and signing players, not the new ownership.
I am sure kevin knows were we need to strengthen the squad .And i would be suprised if John Sill doesnt know players that would be good for the club if needed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back