• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I would see it as a very bad bit of business for us replacing Cardwell with that old cart horse.
I prefer Cardwell. But Acquah has thrived since he left us. He's one of the most highly rated young players in League 2, and will only be moving up in the world.

He took far, far too much stick for a 19-year-old local lad playing a difficult role in a terrible side. No idea why people disliked him.

Absolute wild guess but I'd say Devon Matthews looks most likely.

Downing, Misambo, Butterfield, Milnes, Taylor, De Girolamo don't fit the age profile.

Matthews is described as a left-footed centre back who is comfortable on the ball.

I'm thinking maybe Curzon Ashton's Centre back Devon Matthews fits the profile of a player we could be interested in.
Definitely fits the bill!

Reece Daly is only 19, so could be a contender. Josh Hmami is 23.

Agree Devon Matthews seems the best fit though based on his description.

Completely unrealistic but I wonder how much Anthony Mancini would cost as a marquee signing from the consortium?! 😍
He's out for the season, career threatening injury, so I'd rather focus attention elsewhere.

EDIT: Seems he might be back by Christmas, good news (though probably not for us).

Completely unrealistic but I wonder how much Anthony Mancini would cost as a marquee signing from the consortium?! 😍
His injury isn't as bad as first feared (expected back before Christmas) and he was excellent for Hartlepool when they came to us.

The problem is, I don't want us to sign players who then push Oli Coker and Jack Wood out of the side. They're developing really nicely and we need to keep playing them if we can.

I personally feel we need 4/5 solid support / super-sub type players rather than marquee signings because our first XI is excellent.

If you want a marquee signing how about Andros Townsend on pay as you play basis?

Very very concious that we cannot go back to the Tango Plan however Townsend is desperate to put himself back in the shop window - but definitely NO LONG TERM CONTRACT!!

Sits back and waits for the abuse lol

His injury isn't as bad as first feared (expected back before Christmas) and he was excellent for Hartlepool when they came to us.

The problem is, I don't want us to sign players who then push Oli Coker and Jack Wood out of the side. They're developing really nicely and we need to keep playing them if we can.

I personally feel we need 4/5 solid support / super-sub type players rather than marquee signings because our first XI is excellent.
That’s a fair shout to be honest.

I’m not even sure where he would fit into the side to be honest but thought he was outstanding when he came to Roots Hall. Not only was he full of running but he also had the technical ability to match. Not sure there’s any better players out there at this level.

If you want a marquee signing how about Andros Townsend on pay as you play basis?

Very very concious that we cannot go back to the Tango Plan however Townsend is desperate to put himself back in the shop window - but definitely NO LONG TERM CONTRACT!!

Set to sign for Premier League side Luton I think.

That very thought crossed my mind the other day, localish lad, could be good to keep up match fitness, obvs way way above our level but worth an ask?

Always amuses me that Hereford are in National League North. This league is regional but in their case it's not
Slightly off topic, I know, but Hereford is not easily locateable (is that a word?) anywhere. It’s definitely not in the West Midlands, and in the mornings regional tv comes from LONDON. It’s in a region called the Marches. Communications by road are dreadful in every direction, with less than 10 miles of dual carriageway in the whole county, none of them near Hereford. Comms by train are much better northbound. Southbound takes you SW into Wales, northbound to Birmingham or Manchester via Shrewsbury and Crewe. Quicker and cheaper to Manchester than to London.
A pity because you miss out on a visit to the Barrels, but Hereford are a better fit in the NL North.

I prefer Cardwell. But Acquah has thrived since he left us. He's one of the most highly rated young players in League 2, and will only be moving up in the world.

He took far, far too much stick for a 19-year-old local lad playing a difficult role in a terrible side. No idea why people disliked him.
He has scored 19 goals in 85 games in the National League and league 2 so I would hardly call that thriving.

I watched (unfortunately) the majority of matches under the Mark Moseley regime and even though it was a poor team there were a few decent players like Hobson, James Okinoyla and a few others but Acquah was not one of those.

I thought his touch was awful, link up play non existent and as someone pointed out earlier would be a step backwards for many reasons.

I will give him one thing though which is he looked like Pele comparted to old Badship who was probably the worst striker I have ever seen pull of blues shirt on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back