• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see room for 3 forwards in the current squad if we are looking to play 2 up top. We only currently have 1 in Cardwell, who is injured, Sandat leaves in a few weeks time. I would like to see 2 speedy players come in and a back up / challenge to Cardwell, be that loans / permanent or most likely a mixture of both

Betting suspended on our next manager, rumour has it the Cowleys are coming in, no doubt we will announce something later this evening. This could mean no transfers until they have run their eyes over the squad unless of course they have been doing that already!
We could wait a couple of weeks for them to be sacked and get him then if necessary..

I can see room for 3 forwards in the current squad if we are looking to play 2 up top. We only currently have 1 in Cardwell, who is injured, Sandat leaves in a few weeks time. I would like to see 2 speedy players come in and a back up / challenge to Cardwell, be that loans / permanent or most likely a mixture of both
You’ve forgotten Powell

This is a transfer thread for Southend United and I'm reading posts about Colchester and the Cowley's. The zone does make me laugh.

In other news, seems the defender is close to signing (sorry, for Southend, not Colchester). I really hope we have a striker inbound too. I was just saying to dad that a striker or two coming in will really help with half season card sales too. We're not in the greatest of positions in the league and aren't scoring goals, we need a spark to gain that interest.

This is a transfer thread for Southend United and I'm reading posts about Colchester and the Cowley's. The zone does make me laugh.

In other news, seems the defender is close to signing (sorry, for Southend, not Colchester). I really hope we have a striker inbound too. I was just saying to dad that a striker or two coming in will really help with half season card sales too. We're not in the greatest of positions in the league and aren't scoring goals, we need a spark to gain that interest.
Think bit harsh with out minus ten to say we’re not in a good position in league. Still. A striker or 2 is mandatory

Colchester have just signed Conor Wilkinson, which does Tom Hopper’s future there no good at all.

Think bit harsh with out minus ten to say we’re not in a good position in league. Still. A striker or 2 is mandatory
I'm not saying we haven't done well, I haven't said that at all, we've done amazingly well. However, we are where we are in the table. I'm simply pointing out that the consortium are trying to push half season cards and I'm saying that if we were in and around the playoffs, there would be greater interest. Being closer to the relegation zone isn't going to entice as many people to buy one unfortunately. Many will wait until next season which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back