• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I doubt clubs sign players solely on rumours of other clubs interest - could it affect the timing, could it cause other clubs to bring forward their plans - or helps an agent to say to a club need to act now cos X club are interested?
Of course it can. Depends of course on the source of the rumour and the sources apparent credibility.

If you were settled with family in the NW at, say, Accrington and on yourway out and about to sign for Crawley, then you heard a strong rumour Morecombe might be interested. Chances are you would get hold of your agent to go check it out and find a reason to delay Crawley a bit. Or if you are from south Essex, playing in Barrow and about to sign for Halifax..

Perhaps it's a question for the next q&a - does Kev et al believe it is helpful/unhelpful or has no impact on potential transfer targets being published on twitter?

Perhaps it's a question for the next q&a - does Kev et al believe it is helpful/unhelpful or has no impact on potential transfer targets being published on twitter?

I don’t believe they like them being released, but I don’t believe it has any impact.

The names im told are in the strictest confidence, I won’t put names out there, but others do and it’s up to them. I know if I put names out there, I’m unlikely to hear future names.

Whenever the consortium are in place, I’ve no idea if I’ll still get “access” to the names.

I don’t believe they like them being released, but I don’t believe it has any impact.

The names im told are in the strictest confidence, I won’t put names out there, but others do and it’s up to them. I know if I put names out there, I’m unlikely to hear future names.

Whenever the consortium are in place, I’ve no idea if I’ll still get “access” to the names.
There you have it people stop mentioning names.

Don’t think it’ll matter so much when we can actually act on our scouting fast and proactively. As said people won’t be actively using our scouting for themselves, but if those players mentioned are on their radar they may act sooner knowing of our interest and lack of ability to act.

After Stewart mentioned about the scouts looking on here to for their work it got me thinking. I've always thought that Ron has eyes on this board and I've managed to work out where he gets the advice for running the club from. It's got to be RayleighBoy. All about the income but conveniently forgets about all the outgoings

So perhaps that's where londonshrimper gets some of his info?

It's all one great big roundabout.
Let me make it clear, it really isn’t 😂

His backstory to how he got the job at Aldershot is an interesting one though, and the recruitment at Aldershot with him heading it, Josh Stokes and Lorent Tolaj in particular, has been quite impressive. Even more so given he’s just 23 years of age.
The club do not like it and have been quite vocal about it not helping the recruitment process. It’s common in football though. BBC even have a dedicated section on their website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip). I know people will have their own opinions on rumours/targets being released in the public domain.

His backstory to how he got the job at Aldershot is an interesting one though, and the recruitment at Aldershot with him heading it, Josh Stokes and Lorent Tolaj in particular, has been quite impressive. Even more so given he’s just 23 years of age.

The club do not like it and have been quite vocal about it not helping the recruitment process. It’s common in football though. BBC even have a dedicated section on their website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip). I know people will have their own opinions on rumours/targets being released in the public domain.
well dispite many laughing at me ,im happy to be on the side off Kev and Co with the belief it does not help us .

Well at least once the takeover is completed for once in our history we will be a pretty bloody good place to come for anyone.

Great management team,
Great fans,
Proper stadium about to be revamped,
Bunch of multi millionaires in charge.

We should aim high.

Well at least once the takeover is completed for once in our history we will be a pretty bloody good place to come for anyone.

Great management team,
Great fans,
Proper stadium about to be revamped,
Bunch of multi millionaires in charge.

We should aim high.
We should. Very exciting times. I think that’s why everyone, including Kev, is so exasperated. All due to the greed and selfishness of one ‘person’. Got to play our role in making sure this regulator comes in and does a good job so no other fans can be neglected like this ever again.

Oh I know that, don't worry. It was very much just a point to reinforce your twitter feed is not where clubs get their targets from..

off course they are because everytime you put a name on here etc Boreham Wood are using you people as their scouts saving them a lot of money,You put a players name on here they immediately go in after him,they got LEVI thanks to you all .
I think you have a point only because its taking so long for the takeover and clearing the embargo, so obviously cannot swoop on any targets at present ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back