• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally really like all the transfer info even if it doesn't come off, not a massive fan of all the whining when it's wrong! No one promises anything, some people just need to get a grip.

Please continue posting! People like me who don't have any internal connections etc find it really interesting.

Here you go bud, you can easily silence anyone you think is giving you false hope:

View attachment 30546
Shame there isn't a reverse option that allows ITK's to not allow selected members to read their posts, then the ITKs could dump anyone that doesn't want to read their posts!
Incidently what happens if you ignore someone and someone else replies with a quote? Is the original post shown?

Tough at Kings Lynn
Hopefully we can/have helped out?

King's Lynn Town owner Stephen Cleeve says the club "will be in trouble" unless he can secure investment very quickly.

Cleeve says the Linnets, who are 21st in National League North, need £300,000 to be able to finish the season.
Declining crowd numbers and a failure to raise money from player sales are among the reasons for the situation.

"Next season I believe I have a solution, but we have a hill to get over," Cleeve told BBC Radio Norfolk.

"You look at the attendances, they've halved since last season, and we haven't sold anyone which we normally do - we have a sold a couple of players but nothing to bring significant income in."

He continued: "The season we were in the National League [2021-22], we spent £1.1m on wages. This year it won't be that much but it will still be a significant chunk of money.

Sorry to be a pedant, but I think you need to rephrase that, or at least clarify what you mean. To me there are two different things. A "true" false rumour is where someone has simply made something up and it was never true. However, a lot of rumours are based on truth but then don't come to fruition. Those are not false rumours in the same way. They are published in good faith but then don't happen either at the time expected or at all. But that doesn't mean they weren't true at the time they were published.
That is pedantic. How would I know where they got this information from, or whether they added two plus two and took a guess, and made it up. To me, it's a false rumour, wherever it originated from. It's just a rumour, and it's false. Blimey. What is going on in here lately? It's meant to be a good and happy place. Lots of good things are about to happen, including new players. After all we've been through, the tide has well and truly turned.

My work life is stressful and I find anyway possible to escape into a world of fantasy pretending I am not a middle aged man finding a way of paying the endless bills and playing taxi driver to the family. On the rare occasion I get to stop - I still daydream about what it would be like to score the goal to lead the blues to the premier league - walking in at the Ally Pally and throwing a nine darter in the world's - ripping out David Warner's off stump in front of a packed lord's crowd! It gives me five minutes of relaxation and enjoyment.

It's the same with this board - I love the rumours - can't get enough of them. Let's be honest - most in my lifetime supporting the blues have not come to fruition - but the hope of something is always a buzz - it's excitement which totally distracts from the mundane. Harry Redknapp to Southend? Imagine transfer deadline day ... The Rock buying the club? I was straight in the phone to my brother thinking about him on the mic at half time raising his eyebrow ... Ray Parlour going to sign for the club? Think of the bar takings ...

But even the little know lower league player Carlos Cantkickaball - playing for a random team on the Isle of Man who learnt his trade at the Bobby Charlton soccer school. Straight away it's a Wikipedia search to find out about his stats, his transfer history and whether he prefer nandos or KFC. He'll probably sign for Orient - but I still had that shot of Blues interest in my day.

And if the rumours stop? What would have been like in the last year and a half?

Day 1 of embargo - nothing to report.

Day 50 of embargo - can't sign anyone nothing to report.

Day 300 of embargo - still nothing

Day 6722 of embargo - more nothing ...

Where is the drama in that? I want game of thrones not newsnight. God bless all those who have thrown in nuggets of optimism - some with genuine knowledge some with the influence of 4 diamond white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back