• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really back told times......only so much better! I love all the speculation but have to admit that the expected signings, even the very good one's, end up a bit meahh, when they come to pass. No, the REAL excitement are the surprises....BW2 has suggested that there may be one or two (hoping one is a striker). So, two things to look forward to this afternoon !

Last edited:
Great post. One thing that has worked this season was that due to the embargo we only had the players left from last season. They knew how Kev wanted them to play, how each other plays. This summer shouldn’t be anything different. Assuming a majority of the squad remains the we bring in maybe 3-5 players over the next few months that gain the experience in training and playing games so that come pre season there won’t be a huge over haul of players making the process more seamless. I’m sure we will lose a few and sign a few in the summer but don’t think it will be a huge turnaround. Play offs this year would be a bonus and whatever comes with that but for me it’s about building for a real good go next season
Absolutely, let’s treat the rest of this season as pre pre season, if we do a bit and end up in/around the play offs, great. Realistically use this season as time to bed in new players, let them adjust to the way we play, and also see if they have the attitude/quality that Kev wants.

Absolutely, let’s treat the rest of this season as pre pre season, if we do a bit and end up in/around the play offs, great. Realistically use this season as time to bed in new players, let them adjust to the way we play, and also see if they have the attitude/quality that Kev wants.
As long as we don't get relegated 😂

First page shows Waldron being very likely. Given no one else is showing as very likely, does that mean today's other potential signing is not yet on the list???
My reading between the lines is that it could be Adam Crowther…but that is without any knowledge other than what I’ve read here.

So Waldron sounds a safe bet based on the ITKs not least @Tribal Chief but the other(s) remains more of a mystery. But for how much longer?

I do subscribe to the logic that Morton unlikely to start displacing a settled midfield but could see a striker slotting straight in and so being kept a surprise. We'll also potentially have squad members not making the bench!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hopefully unless with a knock Morton will be brought on at some stage as part of his continued early welcome and introduction to us and the team

First page shows Waldron being very likely. Given no one else is showing as very likely, does that mean today's other potential signing is not yet on the list???
@BoyWonder2 did say “one or two surprises” - now whether that’s literally a surprise name, or just that we’d announce potentially a couple of “known” signings today who knows!

Wouldn’t mind having Jack Payne back, he’s the type of player we need who can find that killer pass and score wonder goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back