• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that debt under a formal agreed payment plan is not counted- same with HMRC debt.
Just saying what I was told. The NL told us to sort football creditors before agreeing to allow us to compete this season, and were satisfied with the payment plans that TL set up with the clubs in question.

Just saying what I was told. The NL told us to sort football creditors before agreeing to allow us to compete this season, and were satisfied with the payment plans that TL set up with the clubs in question.
No doubt our owner didn’t keep to the plans and hence still an embargo otherwise it would be difficult for the NL to justify

No doubt our owner didn’t keep to the plans and hence still an embargo otherwise it would be difficult for the NL to justify
The owner didn't pay the monies owed to other clubs in the first place, hence it being a condition of our entry into the competition this season. They were satisfied with payment plans being set up in the end.

Football creditors have nothing to do with the embargo, AFAIK. It is now literally on because of HMRC debt, and that has been the case for months.

The owner didn't pay the monies owed to other clubs in the first place, hence it being a condition of our entry into the competition this season. They were satisfied with payment plans being set up in the end.

Football creditors have nothing to do with the embargo, AFAIK. It is now literally on because of HMRC debt, and that has been the case for months.
I'm pretty sure last Thursday Tom L said the embargo would be lifted when all football related creditors - which include HMRC- were paid?

Maybe I am wrong I stand to be corrected if so ( it was nearly a week ago)

Okay… confusing…. You’d think that as HMRC aren’t now after us every 5 minutes that this is because some kind of agreement is in place with them too. Hopefully we won’t have to think about it much longer.

I'm pretty sure last Thursday Tom L said the embargo would be lifted when all football related creditors - which include HMRC- were paid?

Maybe I am wrong I stand to be corrected if so ( it was nearly a week ago)
Maybe there have been some additional football creditors come out of the woodwork now then, but last I was aware, the only thing standing in the way of the embargo being lifted was the HMRC debt.

Okay… confusing…. You’d think that as HMRC aren’t now after us every 5 minutes that this is because some kind of agreement is in place with them too. Hopefully we won’t have to think about it much longer.
There is no agreement in place. We were a further several hundred thousands £s in debt to HMRC over and above the petition debt which was paid in October. This would normally have resulted in a new WUP within a few weeks of the last one being paid off, just like back in March/April, but the consortium have paid several installments to HMRC to keep them onside and to stave off a further WUP.

London shrimper wrong about james Morton then?
We shall see..

Alfie Lewis? Or is this not happening anymore?
The plan was to get him in on trial. He's a free agent at the moment. It's not dead and he'd be keen on a move to the club.

Diego De Girolamo should be added to the list.

As should Luke Jenkins too:

Hearing interest in another player too. Watch this space 👀

Maybe there have been some additional football creditors come out of the woodwork now then, but last I was aware, the only thing standing in the way of the embargo being lifted was the HMRC debt.

There is no agreement in place. We were a further several hundred thousands £s in debt to HMRC over and above the petition debt which was paid in October. This would normally have resulted in a new WUP within a few weeks of the last one being paid off, just like back in March/April, but the consortium have paid several installments to HMRC to keep them onside and to stave off a further WUP.

I’ve heard there is still money outstanding to football creditors, but you are spot on with HMRC, that is another huge bill.

This is the bit I find hard to understand.

Are we saying that every single other club governed by the NL is 100% up to date with all football related debts, including not owing a penny to the HMRC?

I find that rather unlikely given the obvious financial issues sweeping the game currently, if that's the case then we are being treated differently to other clubs in the same position and being unfairly punished.

I know we are a basket case with a history of non compliance but you can't treat teams differently because of that.

To be fair we're desperately missing a player like Miley in midfield.

The priority is a centre-forward. This is from last month:

*14 goals in 20 games now.

If embargo isn't lifted this week then we'd need someone that fits the non contract etc requirements - guessing he doesn't fit that.

I think Husin, Coker and Wes have done very well without Miley. It'd be quite harsh on one of them to have to drop out once Miley is fit

This is the bit I find hard to understand.

Are we saying that every single other club governed by the NL is 100% up to date with all football related debts, including not owing a penny to the HMRC?

I find that rather unlikely given the obvious financial issues sweeping the game currently, if that's the case then we are being treated differently to other clubs in the same position and being unfairly punished.

I know we are a basket case with a history of non compliance but you can't treat teams differently because of that.
I find it very difficult to believe we're being treated differently to how any other club would be treated. I've no doubt the club would be taking legal action immediately if they found out that was the case.

I think it's more likely that other clubs have payment plans in place with other clubs, and TTP agreements in place with HMRC for historic tax debt, but manage to avoid missing installments like we kept doing.

If embargo isn't lifted this week then we'd need someone that fits the non contract etc requirements - guessing he doesn't fit that.

I think Husin, Coker and Wes have done very well without Miley. It'd be quite harsh on one of them to have to drop out once Miley is fit

I think actually having more than four midfielders so we can rotate and make substitutes is less harsh! Can't believe that any of them aren't carrying a knock or eight...

We're really struggling in the transition since Miley got injured, particularly away from home. Altrincham and Gateshead were prime examples. I suspect his presence at Boreham Wood would also not have harmed things, as that was a very physical game.

I think actually having more than four midfielders so we can rotate and make substitutes is less harsh! Can't believe that any of them aren't carrying a knock or eight...

If any of them are carrying a knock fair enough but I'd hope no pro footballer is happy sitting on the bench or worse not in the squad when fit.

Ultimately my post was about priorities and disputing we were really missing Miley - and id maintain that striker is the position most in need right now - given we have no fit players in that position. And I'd also maintain that we haven't missed Miley half as much as I thought we would when he first got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back