• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly problem to Mooney with Wood though. All of his goals/assist at Tonbridge came playing on the wing. And we don’t play with wingers.
Unlike Mooney and Gard even,Wood hasn’t yet shown enough in any position to prove he could be an asset in a higher level team .

Ordinarily, I sound off about the loan system but the club is in an unusual position.

I would be quite happy to see players brought in for the remainder of the season who have a little more experience and/or experience from higher leagues.

This would be a stop gap for the remainder of the season so that is a negative but equally that would give the club more time to chase the "whiteboard names" for longer term success.

And who knows, it has not been unknown for a loan player to do well, enjoy their time at Roots Hall & sign for us during the summer.

Last edited:
I think what is being overlooked is the fact we are 11 points off of the play offs with a game in hand and 22 games left to play. I would like to think that the new owners will be wanting to go for it a bit but without being stupid. If we can bring in a few players on a permanent for the longer term and a few key loan signings there is no reason why we cant sneak in.

If we go up this season it will massively help our financial side as I think being in L2 over the NL is worth a couple of £100k's. I do not get the impression that the new owners are here just to make up the numbers so it would be great to see them showing the ambition from the off. If we fail to go up this season it would not be a failure by any measure but with a great run we can then really hit it next season again. I dont like the idea of lets plan for next season when we can still achieve a huge amount this season.

I think what is being overlooked is the fact we are 11 points off of the play offs with a game in hand and 22 games left to play. I would like to think that the new owners will be wanting to go for it a bit but without being stupid. If we can bring in a few players on a permanent for the longer term and a few key loan signings there is no reason why we cant sneak in.

If we go up this season it will massively help our financial side as I think being in L2 over the NL is worth a couple of £100k's. I do not get the impression that the new owners are here just to make up the numbers so it would be great to see them showing the ambition from the off. If we fail to go up this season it would not be a failure by any measure but with a great run we can then really hit it next season again. I dont like the idea of lets plan for next season when we can still achieve a huge amount this season.

I agree. We’ve got the nucleus of a really top side in this division and with the right additions would also do well in the league above. But those players that have performed so heroically over the last year desperately need some backup and competition.

Whatever happens or doesn’t happen today in terms of signings, it’s important not to panic. The main thing now is we’re finally back on an even playing field and will get players in eventually.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if any new addition or additions were announced shortly before the game tomorrow. We know Kev likes to keep his cards close to his chest, so any little advantage gained by delaying transfer announcements, is worthwhile.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if any new addition or additions were announced shortly before the game tomorrow. We know Kev likes to keep his cards close to his chest, so any little advantage gained by delaying transfer announcements, is worthwhile.
You’re right but slightly odd we keep secret stuff that’s been trailed on here for days. As the consortium has grown so has the number of ITK’s it seems. Not a popular view I don’t suppose but personally hope the club plugs the leaks.

Oh absolutely, but by all accounts, Gard is totally ripping trees up at Tonbridge. That's why I'm keen that he be given that chance. Ok, it is only Tonbridge (without meaning any disrespect) but he should be bursting with confidence and at pretty good fitness levels.
LEWIS GARD.jpg

Fully Agree , Yes Let's get Lewis Gard Back from Tonbridge Angels. 8 Goals from Midfield This season So Far! and a Penalty Taker.
I am sure Kev and Co are Aware of this . If Not Someone Tell Them Please!

View attachment 30492

Fully Agree , Yes Let's get Lewis Gard Back from Tonbridge Angels. 8 Goals from Midfield This season So Far! and a Penalty Taker.
I am sure Kev and Co are Aware of this . If Not Someone Tell Them Please!
2 goals from open play and 6 penalties. His numbers look good but it screams Harry Kane in the world cup when he was **** and he was top scorer with 4 penalties and a deflection he knew nothing about.

Surely if even a number of people on here are already aware of the signings, Barnet will be easily able to find out who we have signed? Seems unlikely to be a secret in the football world.

2 goals from open play and 6 penalties. His numbers look good but it screams Harry Kane in the world cup when he was **** and he was top scorer with 4 penalties and a deflection he knew nothing about.
Totally agree. Let's not forget the gap between the NL and lower.
Callum Powell is a classic example of being unable to hit the numbers in the NL he was with Kiddermister. It's a completely different level. It's like saying, "Let's get Rhys Murphy back" because he's scoring for Yeovil.

Gard may be a good penalty taker in his current league, but he isn't good enough for the NL or Southend, as decided by Kev, Daz and co. I'm sure Still has a number of other players in that position on his radar.

Totally agree. Let's not forget the gap between the NL and lower.
Callum Powell is a classic example of being unable to hit the numbers in the NL he was with Kiddermister. It's a completely different level. It's like saying, "Let's get Rhys Murphy back" because he's scoring for Yeovil.

Gard maybe a good penalty taker in his current league, but he isn't good enough for the NL or Southend, as decided by Kev, Daz and co. I'm sure Still has a number of other players in that position on his radar.
Totally agree, apart from Powell was at Kettering, not Kiddy. Let's not also forget Gard failed to impress with Aldershot in this division too and wasn't injury hampered there either.

So for me , forward for players with as yet, hopefully untapped potential and seeing if we can progress them, not returning to players that have had their chance and haven't impressed at this level.

Totally agree, apart from Powell was at Kettering, not Kiddy. Let's not also forget Gard failed to impress with Aldershot in this division too and wasn't injury hampered there either.

So for me , forward for players with as yet, hopefully untapped potential and seeing if we can progress them, not returning to players that have had their chance and haven't impressed at this level.
Well close enough, it began with a K 🤣

I think some fans think the real game is no different to playing football manager on a PC game. Some only look at stats of games, not the level of teams they're playing week in week out against, or indeed training effort, which contributes to the team ethic and personal development. Kev likes players to press and hit high energy levels... some players can't produce that, especially if they don't train hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back