• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Surely not even the NL can put us on an embargo for one thing and just rub that out and say it’s for something else. They would need to put us under another embargo- I’m sure they are looking for ways not to lift it if possible- don’t want to upset all our promotion rivals who sit on the league committee…
That maybe the case - but would they publicise it - press release embargo on sufc for WUP lifted and replaced with embargo for Fri infringement

Surely not even the NL can put us on an embargo for one thing and just rub that out and say it’s for something else. They would need to put us under another embargo- I’m sure they are looking for ways not to lift it if possible- don’t want to upset all our promotion rivals who sit on the league committee…
The embargo was stated as being for “Non-compliance with League Financial Regulations”.

Do you think we are now compliant with League Financial Regulations?

That maybe the case - but would they publicise it - press release embargo on sufc for WUP lifted and replaced with embargo for Fri infringement
They should. No point deciding to have transparency on embargoes, then at the same time inexplicably fail to lift said embargo whilst not being transparent about the fact that they have changed on the fly what its for…I m sure it will lifted but the thing is run by two men and a dog so everything happens slowly…

Hopefully tomorrow the takeover happens and the league will have no remaining opportunities to pin anything on us.

The embargo was stated as being for “Non-compliance with League Financial Regulations”.

Do you think we are now compliant with League Financial Regulations?
We were told that it was because of the WUP- that was stated on here by a reliable ITK I think- I assume the WUP is failing to comply with League Financial Regulations. I haven’t seen anything to say it is now for something else? Indeed the expectation from ITKs is it is to be lifted any moment- which is why we refresh the leagues embargo page a few times a day…
But as I have said I would be surprised by absolutely nothing…

We were told that it was because of the WUP- that was stated on here by a reliable ITK I think- I assume the WUP is failing to comply with League Financial Regulations. I haven’t seen anything to say it is now for something else? Indeed the expectation from ITKs is it is to be lifted any moment- which is why we refresh the leagues embargo page a few times a day…
But as I have said I would be surprised by absolutely nothing…
The ITKs will tend to be more reliable on the gist of things rather than the details. As information gets passed on it can be unwittingly reinterpreted and the message subtly altered. That’s not a knock on the ITKs - it applies as much to their sources as it does to them. It’s why primary sources are preferable.

Anyway this is all academic as I would not expect any signings to be announced until the takeover is announced. Indeed I’d expect all good news to be embargoed until the takeover is complete at which point season tickets will go on sale and there will be a host of positive announcements to build momentum and boost sales.

What would be worth keeping an eye on is who reports to training tomorrow.

Given that the consortium have already invested over £4m, I would think that the recruitment will be realistic, possibly looking for gems in the lower leagues.

Given that the consortium have already invested over £4m, I would think that the recruitment will be realistic, possibly looking for gems in the lower leagues.

Which is the model to follow.

There are some very talented footballers in the leagues below.

Hopefully this is a trend if/when we get back to the football league.

It's what posh have been doing for years. Scouting lower leagues and then selling on for decent profit.

The ITKs will tend to be more reliable on the gist of things rather than the details. As information gets passed on it can be unwittingly reinterpreted and the message subtly altered. That’s not a knock on the ITKs - it applies as much to their sources as it does to them. It’s why primary sources are preferable.

Anyway this is all academic as I would not expect any signings to be announced until the takeover is announced. Indeed I’d expect all good news to be embargoed until the takeover is complete at which point season tickets will go on sale and there will be a host of positive announcements to build momentum and boost sales.

What would be worth keeping an eye on is who reports to training tomorrow.

The two are hand in hand. The embargo won't be dropped until we can satisfy the national league of change of hands.

Hopefully this comes in the next 48 hours and then next week will be a big one for the club.

Season cards released
Maybe a signing or two
News about potential upgrades (short term) for a better matchday.

In an ideal world for maximum marketing exposure and uptake on season cards you want:

Confirmation of takeover, with Ron clearly out of the picture regards the actual club.

Confirmation of Embargo removal.

A rousing statement of intent from COSU.

A couple of decent signings.

Season cards on sale.

If all that can happen, we could achieve very decent numbers I think.

In an ideal world for maximum marketing exposure and uptake on season cards you want:

Confirmation of takeover, with Ron clearly out of the picture regards the actual club.

Season cards on sale.

That is the big one, all the people that have stayed away while the 🐀 is still here, will hopefully return. :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::Happy::Happy:🍾🍾

Season cards on sale.

What if COSU owned the club, but Ron still owns RH (and charges us rent) ? Do we think that would be acceptable ?

What if COSU owned the club, but Ron still owns RH (and charges us rent) ? Do we think that would be acceptable ?
Unfortunately it will have to be for the moment. Remember the original plans were for COSU to have the ground initially on a 25 year lease. Ownership would have been transferred once the Charges on Roots Hall were removed. Mind an awful lot has happened since that scenario was made apparent. Daresay all will be revealed soon.

I thought the embargo was placed on the fact we had a winding up order due to the court action Now the court action has been dismist And the debt cleared the embargo should go Unlees the leauge like Ron has shifted the goal posts

I thought the embargo was placed on the fact we had a winding up order due to the court action Now the court action has been dismist And the debt cleared the embargo should go Unlees the leauge like Ron has shifted the goal posts
Unfortunately NL rules and their application are like a thick fog, so who knows?

Unfortunately NL rules and their application are like a thick fog, so who knows?
Yep, any sniff of us not paying any sort of bills or not providing evidence of our ability to complete the season financially, will be chucked under their massive Southend Utd only umbrella of "Non-compliance with League Financial Regulations"

They are giving us zero leeway, but not surprising to be fair.

There won't be any movement on that until the sale is complete, that's clear. With a fair wind, hopefully some time next week this will all be over and signings can be announced.

Yep, any sniff of us not paying any sort of bills or not providing evidence of our ability to complete the season financially, will be chucked under their massive Southend Utd only umbrella of "Non-compliance with League Financial Regulations"

There won't be any movement on that until the sale is complete, that's clear. With a fair wind, hopefully some time next week this will all be over and signings can be announced.
Any inside info if RM and offspring are playing ball with COSU or doing their usual modus operandi?

Is there a hint here that signings are close to hand?

Or am I putting two and two together to get an inflation adjusted 5.6?

Back